Brandin Cooks > Antonio Brown (1 Viewer)

Get what you're saying, but never understood this argument. Of course if you take someones best play away, their stats won't be as good.

This. The other day I saw a screen shot of a Randy Moss stat line. 3 catches 165yds and 3touchdowns. If you use the argument then Moss wouldn't have any catches and 0 yards and 0 touchdowns. Cooks did burn Smith for 98 yds, it counts right?

He's looked less mechanical running routes lately but it's a little too early for that. Take away the 98 yarder and he only had 5 catches for 45 yards.

Keep in mind this is just opinion and in no way a fact and in no way meant to be negative to the OP or Brandin. Hopefully no one takes it as me being overly critical or narcissistic.

Just opinion. Hands up...I come in peace

That's why you DON'T take away the 98 yarder. Why would you take that away? He is not required to have a great gain on every single catch he makes. If he's able to break long ones like that, then let's not grade him based on taking those away from him.

I love Cooks, he is a beast. But Antonio Brown is second to nobody right how.

I'd also put Deandre Hopkins above Cooks.

Antonio Brown is the man....let's not get carried away. Cooks is coming along nicely. He still has to prove he can produce like a star consistently against top notch teams.

^Because of qb rating. And Rodgers having less ints, Manning directing more wins.

This was supposed to be in response to insidejob about Brees being snubbed for MVP while making receivers look good. I usually control+left click a bunch of posts before seeing them one at a time.

Cooks at 22 >>>>> Brown at 22

Hopefully he continues to improve but he's not quite on AB's level yet.

Cooks still has to get better in the intermediate routes and YAC. He disappeared in a lot of games last season too.

At the moment Cooks can't even sniff Antonio Browns jockstrap.

I think theres a 6'3 215 pound fella from Atlanta who would strongly disagree.

When Julio is on the field he is the best receiver in tge game with average play calling and offensive play.

Julio can beat any corner back in the league deepx intermediate and short. Browns the better route runner, Julio more explosive.

Game on the line one play 25 yards from the endzone you have Sherman or Peterson in coverage who are you throwing too with 2 seconds to throw the ball before pressure gets to you.

Julio is good when he is on the field. No doubt. I just believe that Brown is a more prolific playmaker and scorer. During the past 2 seasons AB has a bit more catches and yards but about double the scoring catches. They're both good, given the choice I take Brown every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm throwing to Antonio Brown 10 outta 10 times with the game on the line. Antonio doesn't drop the ball near as much as Julio but Julio is elite.

I know we all hate the Falcons but both caught 136 balls last yr Julio on 205 targets Brown on 196 9 taget difference. To say Julio isnt on that level or better is insane with his average QB play

Lol @ "Randy Moss" hands. Moss is the best receiver to ever step on a football field. Hush with that nonsense.

Brown and Julio are probably the best right now. Odell will be better than both of them in the next couple years. He's incredible to watch. Doesn't have Moss' height, but I think he'll be as close to Moss as we've seen since.

Cooks is a good receiver and will get much better, but he's not better than any of those guys and probably won't ever be, and that's ok. No reason to even expect something out of him like that.

He's looked less mechanical running routes lately but it's a little too early for that. Take away the 98 yarder and he only had 5 catches for 45 yards.

Keep in mind this is just opinion and in no way a fact and in no way meant to be negative to the OP or Brandin. Hopefully no one takes it as me being overly critical or narcissistic.

Just opinion. Hands up...I come in peace
5 catches for 45 yards & a TD

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

And who's to say that he wouldn't have had three catches for 60 yards on the imaginary drive we've created by taking away his big play?

We had no problem getting Snead his yards without any huge play.
2Shay

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Lol @ "Randy Moss" hands. Moss is the best receiver to ever step on a football field. Hush with that nonsense.

Brown and Julio are probably the best right now. Odell will be better than both of them in the next couple years. He's incredible to watch. Doesn't have Moss' height, but I think he'll be as close to Moss as we've seen since.

Cooks is a good receiver and will get much better, but he's not better than any of those guys and probably won't ever be, and that's ok. No reason to even expect something out of him like that.

Jerry Rice doesn't approve of this message.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom