Brandin Cooks > Antonio Brown (1 Viewer)

He's looked less mechanical running routes lately but it's a little too early for that. Take away the 98 yarder and he only had 5 catches for 45 yards.

Keep in mind this is just opinion and in no way a fact and in no way meant to be negative to the OP or Brandin. Hopefully no one takes it as me being overly critical or narcissistic.

Just opinion. Hands up...I come in peace

You can go back and do this with just about any performance from a player. The big play ability is what Cooks was drafted for. You can go take away 1 long catch from OBJ or Antonio Brown in their games and it would look average. I don't really get this but oh well.

I'd say he's on par with the top receivers in the game. He won't get the recognition he deserves though because people think Brees makes everyone a superstar...while at the same time snubbing Drew for MVP.

That's a damn shame too.

totally.. you can't have your cake and eat it too -- unless you're a saints hater apparently

The title of this thread is... for lack of a better word, false. And offensive. AB is one of the best receivers in the history of the NFL. BC is not on his level. Maybe in the future, but that's a slim chance.

I will say -- BC looks better every season and seems ready to have a BIG year!

Has quickly become my favorite saint. I predict by the end of the Year , Cooks will supplant himself as the best WR in the NFL.

Virtually uncoverable. Ted Ginn speed , Steve Smith's Athleticism , Randy Moss's Hands. Paired with arguably the best quarterback in NFL History.

It doesn't help they can't double him. Snead will eat them , Thomas will eat them.

I don't know about defense. But this offense is scary. Cooks is the best receiver Drew's ever had. Easily.

Young man , you are ridiculous. :worthy:

Though Cooks is presently in my top 3 favorite Saints, I don't think he's the best receiver on this team.

If he had a little wiggle, and a little tackle-breaking ability, I would agree with you 100%.

He's looked less mechanical running routes lately but it's a little too early for that. Take away the 98 yarder and he only had 5 catches for 45 yards.

Keep in mind this is just opinion and in no way a fact and in no way meant to be negative to the OP or Brandin. Hopefully no one takes it as me being overly critical or narcissistic.

Yea, but if you want to look at it that way then what about all the receptions and yards he didn't get cuz of all the PI penalties against him in the game...

I don't think Cooks is on Browns level yet, but Cooks is pretty awesome as is and you really can judge a guy by picking and choosing which stats you want to judge him by.

Yea, but if you want to look at it that way then what about all the receptions and yards he didn't get cuz of all the PI penalties against him in the game...

I don't think Cooks is on Browns level yet, but Cooks is pretty awesome as is and you really can judge a guy by picking and choosing which stats you want to judge him by.

I did indeed forget about the penalty shame on me because I remember Michael Thomas had one and talked him up. He's getting better and I'm thrilled. Our WR corps is deadly. No more complaining about WRs that aren't getting open

You can go back and do this with just about any performance from a player. The big play ability is what Cooks was drafted for. You can go take away 1 long catch from OBJ or Antonio Brown in their games and it would look average. I don't really get this but oh well.

I temper things. Dont let it bother u..I can be pretty enthusiastic too but comparing him to brown right now just seems a tad overzealous. But saying that I look like I'm attacking so it's why I didn't visit this thread after my post..figured I'd get quoted a lot and most of it would be opposing. Which I didn't oppose the OP..I simply gave perspective.

Anything I post will come across misunderstood no matter how detailed. Makes me wonder how much more misunderstood I'd be if I shortened my post to Bonchie level and used a bit of swimmer/BClemms trolling

I think theres a 6'3 215 pound fella from Atlanta who would strongly disagree.

When Julio is on the field he is the best receiver in tge game with average play calling and offensive play.

Julio can beat any corner back in the league deepx intermediate and short. Browns the better route runner, Julio more explosive.
Game on the line one play 25 yards from the endzone you have Sherman or Peterson in coverage who are you throwing too with 2 seconds to throw the ball before pressure gets to you.

I would have to agree with this, plus brown has the better qb and its not even close

Antonio Brown is head and shoulders, the best WR in the league. It's not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like Antonio Brown but as someone already said "let's not get crazy."

ELLIASJWILLIAMS;6527989 Our WR corps is deadly. No more complaining about WRs that aren't getting open[/QUOTE said:
Exactly.

A lot of fans were saying we don't have a true "No1 receiver". I think we're closer to having 3 No1s than having none.

Cooks and AB are very awkward to compare. Their body types are very different. Cooks is a sprinter that can run routes and catch... sort of a mini Devery Henderson. AB has a stronger upper body, and is far more athletic and flexible, more like Smitty.

LMAO. my stomach hurts. It almost sounds like a legal disclaimer. I may pirate it and use it on every post :worthy:

Gotta remember that Antonio Brown didn't become Antonio Brown until his 4th season.

Cooks is ahead of schedule in that regard.

Cooks is a beast and I expect big things going forward, but I still think, for now, Horn is still the best all around receiver the Saints ever had. Horn could do it all....just my opinion of course. Colston would be my second, if he had just a little more speed Colston would have been one of the best ever I think.

Can you imagine the numbers Horn would have put up with 8-10 years of Brees throwing to him......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom