Saints Brandin Cooks recalls being drafted by Saints (“It was special!”) (1 Viewer)

Your guys still hold that one tweet against the man? Funny because alot of people are willing to sign Brown when he ruined 3 teams,had multiple instances with the law, verbal spat with his teammates and everyone else in the world and tweeted nonsense stuff that would make any common people to lose their job? Bad timing on Cooks for the tweet but I do understand he wants to get paid. Sorry I don't have any hard feelings for Cooks. But from a business side I am glad we did trade him because we wind up with another first rounder. But we did struggle to have a number 2 receiver still.

Your guys still hold that one tweet against the man? Funny because alot of people are willing to sign Brown when he ruined 3 teams,had multiple instances with the law, verbal spat with his teammates and everyone else in the world and tweeted nonsense stuff that would make any common people to lose their job? Bad timing on Cooks for the tweet but I do understand he wants to get paid. Sorry I don't have any hard feelings for Cooks. But from a business side I am glad we did trade him because we wind up with another first rounder. But we did struggle to have a number 2 receiver still.
Thank you. Id love to have Cook back. I dont blame him for getting upset about not getting the ball thrown. Hes trying to/ wants to do the best job he can so he can get paid. 90 percent of people if not more would of been upset in that situation.

Thank you. Id love to have Cook back. I dont blame him for getting upset about not getting the ball thrown. Hes trying to/ wants to do the best job he can so he can get paid. 90 percent of people if not more would of been upset in that situation.
I just recall some of the best deep ball catches he made with Brees. Too bad it didn't work out with us. Would of been awesome with Thomas and Cooks as a tandum, like Harrison and Wayne. But no regret in trading him at the time. We couldn't afford him when Thomas was becoming a number one guy and we happen to get Ryan Ram, for his pick.

Most guys want to win, but the NFL is a business. If you're not getting targets you aren't getting catches. You don't get catches you don't get the next big contract. I wish it was always about the love of the game, but it's not. I would take Cooks back in a heartbeat. He was young and we drafted Thomas so maybe his ego was hurt. Not big enough of a situation to hold a grudge.

Last edited:
I don’t give a darn about his tweet. I just did a play on it for humor purposes. I have no problem with him trying to get paid. However, he could’ve just shut TH up and still got paid all the same. Not like he was a in a slump and we were looking to move on from him. It could be, that he felt threatened with the emergence of MT? There was also an emergence of Willie Snead as well. I personally think that was the reason behind the tweet. Plus, it also could be that he wanted out. Remember the back and forth on Twitter?

All wasn’t well his last year here. That “one tweet” manifested into something bigger. So, yes I can understand if people hold a grudge about that one tweet. Like I said, I can care less. Dude has turned in a fine career for himself in the NFL.

I don't hold anything against Cook. Actually I think that draft was a major turning point for the Saints organization.....it was the draft where CSP realized he was not good at player personnel......thank god for Jeff Ireland, they hired him the next year....

I don't hold anything against Cook. Actually I think that draft was a major turning point for the Saints organization.....it was the draft where CSP realized he was not good at player personnel......thank god for Jeff Ireland, they hired him the next year....
That was the worst draft I have ever witnessed. Except for Cooks, they drafted players that should only be signed as undrafted and be cut the first round. Khairi Fott, Tavon Rooks. Holy crap, what was that? Then Payton got the great idea of cutting all leaders and signing a often injured Jarius Byrd and wanting to change to a Seattle defense.

It's a shame we drafted Cooks just as Drew's arm started giving out on him. We never could take full advantage of his skill set. He still put up some good numbers though and he was fun to watch. I loved seeing him shoot his arrow until the league banned it because it was violent. You can beat up a woman and have to sit out a few games. You can kill somebody with you car while drunk and come back. But god forbid you pull out a make believe invisible arrow and then shoot it with an invisible bow.

Would've been fun to watch him and MT play together for a few more years but trading Cooks allowed us to get Ram. Worked out okay I guess. At the time of the infamous tweet I thought it was a little much. We had just won a blowout and then a player is complaining about his touches. It was one of those, "There is no "I" in team but there is a "Me" moments. Gotta give SP credit because most of his players bought in and operated with a team first mentality. At least publicly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom