Brandin Cooks traded to Dallas (1 Viewer)

To his credit, he is still in the league, and still holds value. Most guys his age are out of the league by now.

He’s 29.

The guys out of the league at that point washed out on talent or health, not age.

Yup, we won that trade.

To me, Cooks was the last major mistake of the FO when CSP was pretty much in charge of the draft....all that changed when Ireland was brought on board. No more trading up for smallish, undynamic WR's......
I’m sorry but how the heck can you say that Brandin Cooks, with his resume, was a bad selection. ???

He’s 29.

The guys out of the league at that point washed out on talent or health, not age.

The average NFL career is 3 1/2 years. You’re referring to the guys that actually stick, who are rare, relatively speaking.

I think that’s the point he’s making.

The average NFL career is 3 1/2 years. You’re referring to the guys that actually stick, who are rare, relatively speaking.

I think that’s the point he’s making.

Just seems odd to bring up his age when talking about a productive player. Cooks isn’t old. But yeah.

Bigger issue with him is the concussion history.

In my opinion, Dallas is quietly having a very good off-season.

They have unloaded Ezekiel Elliott, which was a ton of deadweight. Addition by subtraction.

They traded for Stephon Gilmore, which will solidify the secondary.

Cooks is no longer a world beater but he is much better than what they had before. Although they would have still been better off holding onto Amari Cooper.

Just giving props where it’s due.

Last edited:
Yup, we won that trade.

To me, Cooks was the last major mistake of the FO when CSP was pretty much in charge of the draft....all that changed when Ireland was brought on board. No more trading up for smallish, undynamic WR's......
I’m not sure I agree with that. Small, undynamic receivers (deep threats) were a staple of the Payton/Brees offense up to that point. Devery and Meachem for example.

Unfortunately Drew’s arm strength fell off faster than they’d hoped and Cooks became a valuable asset that the team couldn’t extract the most production from. If he had been drafted a few years earlier he would have spent more than 3 years in New Orleans.

I remember Cooks wanted to be traded after CGM took over the #1 slot; Cooks was good but he wasn't a team type of guy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom