Brandin Cooks (1 Viewer)

Michael Thomas needs to get his pro feet under him, and then Cooks will benefit mightily. They both will from each other. And the. Snead will be there.

Colston
Henderson
Moore

=

Thomas
Cooks
Snead

Only Jerry Rice. Every other receiver in history had games in which they were shut down. It happens. Except to Rice somehow. Seriously. Go check his game logs. He literally never had an off day until his swan song with Oakland.

Not three games in a row. Snead should already be there as the legit number two imo.

Y'all realize how many targets TY gets right? And how inefficient he is with them? Brees doesn't let his receivers try for 50:50 balls or low percentage plays. SP and Brees both trust that if everyone knows the offense and does their part that someone will be open and Brees will find them. Paramount is route running, hands, and awareness which cooks has. He had all the qualities to be a perfect fit for us plus top notch speed. He is a perfect fit for us in an offense that doesn't value boom or bust big play receivers. I can guarantee SP would take cooks over Benjamin any day.

brandin cooks is very average against good defenses. all that antonio brown talk was nonsense from the start. just have to take what we can get out of him. he feasts on bad secondaries. disappears against average to good ones. he doesn't play near as fast as he can run.

Kind of reminds me of Jimmy Graham. What I liked today was seeing them put in Bell and remove Byrd. Bell is younger, faster, and a potential playmaker. I know BYD makes a lot of money but he just looks to be used up. Maybe next season he will get that crispness back but as for now he really needs to be sat down indefinitely.

But...who's making the case he's Antonio Brown? I don't see that stated here much. I think his lack of production the last couple of weeks can be attributed to a few things. One, the offensive/defensive scheme. We haven't been talking a lot of big shots down the field. More short/intermediate stuff to protect Brees and the OL.

Two, Brees has always been a share the wealth type of QB. In today's game, his first 11 passes went to 7 different receivers. That's long been a hallmark of Brees and Payton's gameplanning. In recent years, about the only receivers getting the ball more than 5-8 times per game has been the tight ends.

It's not unusual for WRs in this system to disappear for a few games before popping up and having a big one. I don't pay a ton of attention to that kind of stuff because of the way the system is set up.

I'm far more worried about Fleener dropping passes what seems like every game. He's been disappointing so far, but it's a long season, and I hope Brees and Fleener work on their chemistry during the bye week.

Nobody is saying he's Antonio Brown, I was just making an example. You don't have to be super elite to be a #1 guy in the league.

Wake up, this is football. You don't get the same output from everyone every week, otherwise why play the games? Credit the other team occasionally too.

The Texans Hopkins got nothing this week. Kelvin Benjamin had a no catch outing last week. Should those teams be worried about their ability? No, and neither should we.

Michael Thomas needs to get his pro feet under him, and then Cooks will benefit mightily. They both will from each other. And the. Snead will be there.

Colston
Henderson
Moore

=

Thomas
Cooks
Snead

And

Coleman

=

Meachem

I'm not saying you are wrong I'm not saying you are right but early in his career cooks showed his limitations. He wasn't a punt returner like we thought. He couldn't get YAC like we thought he'd be able to and he doesn't create separation on route like you thought. Fast forward two years and those are still issues and he's STILL undersized compounding his limitations.

Meanwhile Michael Thomas game has translated just as quickly as u saw cooks deficiencies in his 1st few games.

Just saying it might be smart to allow Cooks to walk in Thomas 3rd year and build the offense around him vs Tossing money at Cooks.

Colston
Henderson
Moore

=

Thomas
Cooks
Snead

Cooks = Devery
Snead = Eric Martin
Thomas = like no Saint I can recall, a little like Meach.

I don't play Cooks in fantasy, I play Snead, he is more reliable

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom