Brandon Flowers (1 Viewer)

natedog

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Mike Mayock as of February 19 has this guy in the top spot,top ten at that.I really value Mayock's opinion I think he really knows the college players really well even that later round guys.Her are some highlights of Flowers.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d806c295b

He also has Leodis McKelvin as his second cornerback.

Flowers lack a few things to be the top overall corner... he lack size, elite speed, and played in a cover 2 scheme. He is no doubt a baller but he is not the top corner. The combine will really help is stocks. I still think that his character concerns will be his downfall unless he put up some outrageous combine numbers.

Didn't Mayock have Chris Houston as the #1 cb on his board last year? I think he's enamored with physical aggressive corners.

Man I respected Mayock until I heard him hyping this guy up as a top 10 pick a couple days ago on NFL TOTAL Access and then went on to say how he's 5'9 and will probably run a 4.55 to 4.6? I was like "Barrr"? Two months before the combine and this is the first time I've heard his name even mentioned as a top 10 corner.

If we are going CB it should be Jenkins or DRC, maybe Leodis. If we picked Flowers over those three....I don't know what I'd think.

People in his profession sometimes go unnoticed unless they step away from the convential way of thinking.

A guy in houston said he had flowers as 3rd db about 2 weeks ago. He also called Leodis best way before senior bowl, thinks Jenkins lack of run support will drop him to 2nd, then DRC. He's been on the money so for.

Possibly 4 or 5 first round db's.

Last edited:
People in his profession sometimes go unnoticed unless they step away from the convential way of thinking.

good point. I like Mayock and his breakdown of players but he always seems to drift away from the crowd looking for a "see I told you so".

The Culter, Young, Lienart debate is a good example.

Mayock's breakdown of Flowers is terrible. By his "this guy is physical" rationale, then Deion Sanders wouldn't have been on his radar. Also, he doesn't seem to care about timed speed and says it doesn't influence his rankings, remember how Chris Houston shot up his board last year after running a 4.3 40 at the Combine? Also, his breakdown of Flowers is horrible. He shows him getting beat and juked out of his socks time after time to show how good Flowers is at defending passes that the receiver would have caught 10 times out of 10 had the QB not been so off the mark. Horrible assessment, especially from a former DB.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I really like the guy. Other than all the Texans talk, but it is Houston.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/2008/02/post_43.html

<H2>February 10, 2008
Mock Draft - Version 2 and fresh notes from the scouts

Fresh Notes from NFL Scouts
- This is a great RB draft. Teams may decide to pass on a RB in the first round because they can get a comparable back for much less money in the 3rd. J. Stewart and F. Jones figure to be the two hurt most by this.
- Brandon Flowers and Tracy Porter are two CBs who are getting high marks from a scout I spoke with last night. He thinks Flowers has the physical attributes you love in a 1st round CB while Porter has ball skills as good as anyone in the draft. He is not a fan of Antoine Cason's ball skills.
- According to one personnel man, DT Marcus Harrison from Arkansas is just as good as Kentwan Balmer from UNC, but Harrison's off the field problems will damage his stock.
- Teams are wanting Brian Brohm to have a good combine / individual workout because they are dying to have a 2nd QB who is draftable in the top 16. If he performs well, look for him to be gone by the middle of the round for sure.
- One scout told me that he thought it was ludicrous that I had Early Doucett in the first round when he thinks there is a chance he'll go in the 3rd. There are major differences out there in terms of opinions regarding Doucett, Limas Sweed and James Hardy.
- It is looking clearer and clearer that Vandy LT Chris Williams is the Brandon Roy of this draft. Houston Rocket fans know what I mean by that. When shooting guard Roy was coming out of college, he would have been the perfect fit for the Rockets, but as the draft got nearer, it became obvious that he was moving up and wouldn't be within reach for the Rockets. Williams would be a great get for the Texans but it is looking less and less likely that Williams will be anywhere near 18 come draft day.
- Don't be shocked if you start to hear more and more buzz about Boise State LT Ryan Clady being drafted ahead of Michigan LT Jake Long. Long had some very solid games this year, but the game against Ohio State is bothering some teams and I'm beginning to hear more and more teams who are considering moving Clady ahead of Long on their draft board.
</H2>

I'll say it now...Flowers will be a Solid NFL Corner...I'd love to have him in the second round.

Mike Mayock as of February 19 has this guy in the top spot,top ten at that.I really value Mayock's opinion I think he really knows the college players really well even that later round guys.Her are some highlights of Flowers.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d806c295b

He also has Leodis McKelvin as his second cornerback.

Chris Houston was his first cb last year and he went in the second round, and was not nearly as good as Revis, hall, or ross or many others, but he was the fastest and strongest, just not the best

But , I like Flowers, talib, DRC, Mike jenkins and a few others but will wait for them to run, because they have to run a 4.4 to even be considered, funny thing is I think hester ran a 4.6, but he wastn't a very good cb.

Last edited:
He's 5'10 but looks more like 5'9. Does not have prototypical size for a cb. He plays in a zones and cover 2 scheme with some man here and there. He doesn't play on an island.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom