Brandon Flowers (1 Viewer)

Last edited:
Flowers>David; but who isn't? There are 4 or 5 better than Flowers that we will have a chance at #10, which I believe we should do, then LB in round 2.

good point. I like Mayock and his breakdown of players but he always seems to drift away from the crowd looking for a "see I told you so".

The Culter, Young, Lienart debate is a good example.

He was right though. Everyone thought Young was the next MV but better, and Lienart was supposed to be this super mature QB ready to play at the NFL level.

Turns out Culter really was the most NFL ready of the group.

http://www.trojanfootballanalysis.com/zone_coverages_attack.html

Cover-2.

The height comment... meant he looked more like 5'9 than his listed 5'10.

Wo cares what his height is, most overrated stat ever...i was actually banned before on this site for talking about Bob Sanders back in 2003- 2004, I deserved it rightfully so, but I went off because someone told me Bob Sanders would not be good because he is only 5'9" and Stuart Schewegerat is a Better saftery than him...I knew both very well because I am a hawkeye fan and paid attention to the boilermakers as well being in the big ten. Needless to say Bob Sanders is 300 times the player Stewy boy is. Size is a matter of inches and inches can be counted for with solid play and the right attitude towards it. I said then, what the difference betwwen 5"9 and 6"0

about that much, if the guy can play, he can play i would love Flowers, I got a few guys in my mind ahead of him in the first but he is there in the 2nd round no brainer. I'd love him on this team.

No one is saying that he won't be a very good corner in the league. I'm just saying, he lacks too many intangibles to be the first corner taken in the draft. In the past few years, Many teams have put a premium on man corners, thats why they are picked so high these days and getting paid so much. In terms of height, most look for prototypical size which is in the 5'11-6' range. The difference is pretty big if you're comparing 5'9 to 6'.... It would be pretty tough for him to cover bigger wides especially guys in the 6'1-6'3 range.

Don't get me wrong, he is a very good prospect and have a very good chance of turning into a very solid corner in the league but we're talking about whether or not the guy is a legitimate #1 corner in the draft. Which I don't think he is. Underrated? definitely, should be a first rounder? yes.... but not the #1 cb this year.

It just really shows down deep this draft is for corners... a lot of guys could go anywhere from 1st to the 3rd round and it can change in a few days. We can fix our secondary if we draft 2 corners somewhere in the first 4 rounds. Kind of crazy how deep it is.

I would love to get this guy in the 2nd

Reggie Smith, CB, Oklahoma, 6-1, 198, 4.57, 2: Smith looks like he has the ability to be one of the NFL's most cherished commodities: a physical, shutdown corner. The only thing lacking from his résumé is dazzling speed, but his tremendous coverage instincts, ball reaction and willingness to support the run should help him become an impact player.

CB, Reggie Smith (Jr.)
Draft Projection: 1st Round
Height: 6-0 | Weight: 196

Smith is an outstanding athlete who covers a lot of ground in the secondary. He's a versatile defender who can play corner or safety at the next level. He's an athletic centerfielder with tremendous ball skills. He displays great awareness in coverage and plays physically against bigger receivers. He defends the run very well and takes good angles in pursuit. He diagnoses the action instantly and possesses a good sense of timing. Smith is a top-20 selection in next April's draft if he decides to forego his senior season. His versatility and playmaking ability in the secondary is hard to find and are skills that teams crave.

http://profootballexperts.scout.com/2/700833.html

I heard Todd McShay on ESPN radio last night saying he believes Flowers will be a steal for some team. He plays like a shutdown corner, honestly I don't remember to much about him, I only watched a few VT games, but I remember his name. Anyway McShay said he probably won't be drafted until round 2 so maybe with our 2nd rounder OR early 3rd round we can get this guy. He has obviously impressed some experts, I hope he keeps flying under the radar.

I do pay attention to what Mayock says about corners because the style of player he likes (the physical man-cover) is the one that fits the system of the saints. I am sure Mike McKenzie will be his favourite corner if he was coming out of the draft.

I like what I saw in the video.Thats what we need then move David to nickelback.

VT grad here. Flowers is the real deal. Our other CB, Macho Harris, made All-ACC because no QB would *ever* throw at Flowers.

He's a stud in run support and VT coaches will tell you he's their best CB ever. Yes, better than DeAngelo.

'NOTE: At least ten different General Managers have told us they rate Virginia Tech junior, Brandon Flowers, as the top cornerback in this year's draft.'

http://www.tfydraft.com/news.php?newsID=63

Well, Brandon Flowers being the #1 CB seems to be legit...unless this site's source is wrong...

Personally, I've never seen him play or what he has to make him the #1 CB...all I know about him is that...awhile back...on NFLDC (a draft web site), he put pictures from him on either myspace or facebook showing alot of $$$$$$$$$ on his bed all spread out...which then questioned his character....

Last edited:
I take what Mayock says with a grain of salt. He always tries to snag onto an unconventional player for his "top player" at a position in order to try and find that "I told you so..."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom