Brandon Flowers (1 Viewer)

BWS

Reaction score
From kffl.com:

Saints | B. Flowers to visit with team
Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:47:16 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Virginia Tech CB Brandon Flowers is scheduled to visit with the New Orleans Saints.

Brandon Flowers might be a possibility in the 2nd round (after drafting perhaps Ellis or Rivers) or late in the first round after trading down.

it shows that they are mos. def. lookin at 2nd round corners....

I like this guy....he not the fastest, but he's probably the best football player of the corners

Mike Mayock said Flowers is the most physical corner he's seen coming out of college in five years. He may not be fast, but he is a flat out playmaker, and that is what we need in the secondary.

Mike Mayock said Flowers is the most physical corner he's seen coming out of college in five years. He may not be fast, but he is a flat out playmaker, and that is what we need in the secondary.

you lost me at Mike Mayock said... :p he need to go get a job cutting grass or something, every year he is horribly wrong about everything.....

I've enjoyed watching Flowers when I've seen him play. I think he's a ball player that will have success at the next level. Of course I'm sure at some point this thread will turn into the Payton type player, cancer player or thug discussion. But if we are just talking about him as a football player I think he's a good one.

Ellis and Flowers

Ellis and Flowers would be a great first two rounds; there probably wouldn't be a third round pick (from the move up to draft Ellis). Dorsey of course would be gone in the first 5 picks.

Brandon Flowers is, in my opinion, the #2 CB in the draft after DRC

He could sneak into the late 1st.

He possibly could...awhile back on a draft site sources said "for multiple GM's that Flowers is the #1 CB on their board"...but that was before the combine.

His 40, could cause him to slip, which I hope so we can take him in the 2nd round....cause he's a good player.

For those who don't know: The potential "thug/cancer" talk is cause he posted a picture on Facebook (on his account) with a lot of $$$$$ on his bed and saying some explicit things...but he claimed that it was his friends.

But if the Saints are interested in him and have a visit for lined up, then they must think he is a clean person and not a thug.

Here's his pro-day results....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFL | Flowers does limited work at Pro Day
Wed, 2 Apr 2008 17:37:30 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Virginia Tech DB Brandon Flowers measured a height of 5-foot-9 3/4 and a weight of 189 pounds at his Pro Day. He ran the 40-yard dash in the 4.49-second to 4.52-second range. He measured a 33-inch vertical jump and a 9-foot-11 broad jump.

KFFL - Hot off the Wire - NFL Breaking News, Notes and Fantasy Football Information

For some reason most people think guys who run a 4.5 and above have to be a Cover-2 corner. I personally disagree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom