Brandon in an accident. Hurt but OK (1 Viewer)

+1! Glad you’re ok. Definitely go get checked out. Adrenaline and Ego say “I’m good” but they don’t always know what they are talking about.

Thank you all.

I'm good, pretty sore and will likely be worse tomorrow. May have have partially torn my bicep bracing during impact. Guy hit me in excess of 60, was going between 70-80 and came across a lane and shoulder to hit me. It could have been so much worse. If I had been in park or if he hit me square or if I didn't have that absurdly heavy duty tailgate rack or if my fuel caught on fire or if I didn't have that split second to get on the gas and brace it would have certainly been more significant. Really fortunate part is storm surge was already coming over the highway and the waves were high and rip currents were violent. Very fortunate he didn't knock me into the gulf.

Seriously, thank you all for the concern. I got about 12 hours of sleep today and will be getting more tonight then will be back at it. Going to get checked out when I get home in a few days. Not worried about any immediate injuries, only longer term stuff. Impact was still enough that it sheared one of the big stainless steel bolts holding my driver seat to the frame. My new drone was sitting on the dashboard and went out the window into the surge but luckily I was able to get the SD card out, drone is toast. The guy that hit me asked me to call a friend of his with DOT and not call the cops. Eyes were glazed over and he kept doing repetitive stuff like trying to smoke next to my busted fuel cans and had to continually remind him not to. I think he was on barbiturates but no field of sobriety test despite my request. Doesnt really matter, he was obviously at fault and listed as so.

Again, thanks for all the concern and outreach.

Thank you all.

I'm good, pretty sore and will likely be worse tomorrow. May have have partially torn my bicep bracing during impact. Guy hit me in excess of 60, was going between 70-80 and came across a lane and shoulder to hit me. It could have been so much worse. If I had been in park or if he hit me square or if I didn't have that absurdly heavy duty tailgate rack or if my fuel caught on fire or if I didn't have that split second to get on the gas and brace it would have certainly been more significant. Really fortunate part is storm surge was already coming over the highway and the waves were high and rip currents were violent. Very fortunate he didn't knock me into the gulf.

Seriously, thank you all for the concern. I got about 12 hours of sleep today and will be getting more tonight then will be back at it. Going to get checked out when I get home in a few days. Not worried about any immediate injuries, only longer term stuff. Impact was still enough that it sheared one of the big stainless steel bolts holding my driver seat to the frame. My new drone was sitting on the dashboard and went out the window into the surge but luckily I was able to get the SD card out, drone is toast. The guy that hit me asked me to call a friend of his with DOT and not call the cops. Eyes were glazed over and he kept doing repetitive stuff like trying to smoke next to my busted fuel cans and had to continually remind him not to. I think he was on barbiturates but no field of sobriety test despite my request. Doesnt really matter, he was obviously at fault and listed as so.

What a mess. Just glad you're ok.

Thank you all.

So you were in a near fatal car crash and your reward is to babysit this idiot trying multiple ways to win a Darwin Award
That’s annoying

but yeah, 458-1

Thank you all.

That really was a close call! :shocked:
But please get checked out and get some (much needed) rest.
We have more rounds of golf to play in the future! :9:

I'm just seeing this thread, I'm glad you're ok Brandon, that wreck was no joke. Get yourself checked out as soon as you can.

Mend well and quickly, friend. 2020 still has some phenomenal weather events planned for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom