Brandon Lloyd anyone??? (1 Viewer)

if he was being released because he was performing so well and they couldnt afford to pay him then yes.....but there not, so.......i'm good.

they are releasing him because he ha had injury problems and Santana Moss and Randel El are the same player.

Now that would be a good signing. He would come moderately priced and has great hands. Not a burner, but I think his hands make up for it. Alot of people want a big name opposite Colston like Chad Johnson who will cost up draft picks and a ton of money. I think that if Lloyd is released, that he would be a good option of upgrading our WR core. Colston, Meachem (hopefully what we heard from Payton is true about his development), Patten (resign) and Lloyd. That would be a good mix of youth and experience in my opinion. I like it.

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&line=112127&id=449

If Lloyd is going to be released I would sure like to bring him in. When with the 49ers he made some awesome catches and he seems to have caught the same injury bug Patten caught when he went to the Redskins.

I think we have enough "project" receivers.

Lloyd isn't a project. He proved he can be a solid starter with the 49ers. Then he went to the Redskins and got the injury bug. I'm not saying he's going to be a probowler, but he'd definitely upgrade our WR's. I think Berrian would be good too, but I don't think he leaves Chicago. With the players we have to resign, the contract extensions we need to come up with (Colston, Smith, Evans), and the help we need on defense (free agent wise) I really don't think there's going to be alot of cap space to go after a Chad Johnson or Roy Williams. Both will want huge contracts and both will cost up draft picks that we need to retool our defense and add depth to our oline (assuming we let Nesbit leave, which leaves us no good back-up guards).

Cancer......do a little research on him and you will find out he is exactly what we dont need.

Am I the only one who thinks we have killer receivers already? No we dont have a Moss or Owens but who does? Lance Moore might have dropped one pass last year, Terrance Copper didnt get to play enough, David Patten was great most of the time. Ok now theres Devery. Great speed but he drops a few now and then I agree. On the other hand I have seen him make several difficult catches, he just needs to be more consistent. We still havent unleashed Robert Meachem. Billy Miller catches everything, Eric Johnson catches almost everything. I say no wideouts or tight ends in the draft or through free agency.

oh. my. gosh.

no way, no how. as mentioned above, do a little research on the guy and you'll find out how he's a waste of space.

1. He does not play special teams. Colston, Meachem and if brought back Patten don't play either. So you would have to activate 4 WR's and none play specials.

2. He doesn't have an injury bug, he just STINKS! He was healthy this past year and couldn't get on the field for a team who's top receivers were SANTANA MOSS and ATWAN RANDLE EL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Stop comparing him to Patten. Patten won a Super Bowl with the Patriots and was a 10+ year vet.

I would rather re-sign Jonathan Sullivan than pick up Brandon Lloyd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom