Brandon Llyod released (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
ASHBURN, Va. -- Wide receiver Brandon Lloyd was released by the Washington Redskins, ending his disappointing stay with the team.
He caught only 25 passes with no touchdowns in two seasons with the Redskins. His totals were two catches for 14 yards last season, when he broke his collarbone in November.
Lloyd already had fallen out of favor with the team because of his work ethic and lack of productivity.
The Redskins traded two draft picks to the San Francisco 49ers to acquire Lloyd before the 2006 season. They then signed him to a long-term contract that included $10 million in guaranteed money.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806e78a0&template=without-video&confirm=true
He was cut but i think he can come in and play for us

lloydduck.gif

NO.

I'd like to think he wasn't ready for the ball and didn't want to risk tipping it up by letting it smack him in the helmet. But who knows.

The Redskins are where FA's or overpaid traded players go to die apperently. How many FA's have they bought up only to see them not play well there.

He's not particularly good and was very disruptive for the Redskins. So no

hes known as a solid route runner,,,maybe he fit in with our bunch

I'd like to think he wasn't ready for the ball and didn't want to risk tipping it up by letting it smack him in the helmet. But who knows.

The Redskins are where FA's or overpaid traded players go to die apperently. How many FA's have they bought up only to see them not play well there.

I think it's an unfair gif.

To me it's obvious he saw the ball too late to catch it and thought the pass was intended for someone behind him.

I think it's an unfair gif.

To me it's obvious he saw the ball too late to catch it and thought the pass was intended for someone behind him.

Agreed if he would have tried to catch it then it coulda been picked.. I think it was a smart play

didn't david patten come from the redskins, i think loyd was good with the 49er's and if the price is right we should have a look. although i would rather have justin mccareins (sorry if i screwed up the spelling)

Team officials have serious interest in trading for Cincinnati's Chad Johnson should be become available, sources said, while free agents Randy Moss and D.J. Hackett are possible targets as well.
Aren't the Deadskins the only team OVER the salary cap? How in the world can they possibly sign someone like Moss?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom