Break in while on FaceTime ! (1 Viewer)

KCWhoDat

Formerly known as Saints4ever
Reaction score
Kansas City, MO and anywhere my company sends me.
I was on the phone with my wife FaceTiming since I’m working out of town. She was upstairs in the bedroom and all of a sudden there was 4 huge booms at the front door 🚪. Super loud....It was so loud I heard it while we were on the phone. Then our Chow Chow started freaking out and was acting super aggressive at the front door growling and barking. Wife was freaked out and froze and I was telling her to get one of the guns but she just laid there until it calmed down.

I stayed on the phone with her for at least 2 hours. She let me know there was sneaker prints on the door where I guess someone tried to kick it in. Glad the door is super heavy oak with good locks. ADT is going out tomorrow to update our old ADT system and install cameras at the front and back door and both sides of the house.

That was a scary situation for me knowing I couldn’t help being 1000 miles away from home and couldn’t help and she was terrified. I haven’t slept well since then which was 2 days ago....

I'm sorry y'all are going through that. That's a helpless situation for you. I recently went through some scenarios with my wife and walked her through getting into the bedroom, locking doors behind her, grabbing a gun, where to hide, etc. I recommend everyone go through drills with their loved ones and hope you never need them.

I'm sorry y'all are going through that. That's a helpless situation for you. I recently went through some scenarios with my wife and walked her through getting into the bedroom, locking doors behind her, grabbing a gun, where to hide, etc. I recommend everyone go through drills with their loved ones and hope you never need them.

Wifey says our chow has been sleeping by the front door ever since that happened. So between the door and the stairs to our master bedroom. She’s a good girl but I want more protection for us. I feel like crap cause I could have re-upped ADT but decided not to cause we live in a really great neighborhood. I felt guilty, cause if something were to happen I could have at least helped prevent it. I’m never doing that again...

I would have had to hang up on you to call the police while I grabbed my gun and unleashed my dogs on them.

Glad they ultimately couldn't get in and your wife is okay.

She didn’t wanna get off the phone and was scared to. I had said we need to call the police....we did have a gun and a chow. But she froze up. I didn’t understand that either.

She didn’t wanna get off the phone and was scared to. I had said we need to call the police....we did have a gun and a chow. But she froze up. I didn’t understand that either.
I'm always afraid this is what would happen to me, too. But holy crap, how scary. Glad it looks like they didn't want to deal with a dog. Wonder if it was neighborhood kids?

I was thinking about this more. What would have happened if she had shot at the door while they were trying to kick it in? If the person had died - even though she didn't open the door to confirm who it was - would she be charged or would it be viewed as justifiable?

I was thinking about this more. What would have happened if she had shot at the door while they were trying to kick it in? If the person had died - even though she didn't open the door to confirm who it was - would she be charged or would it be viewed as justifiable?

I don't think she should be charged in that case. But, I wouldn't recommend shooting blindly through a door either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom