Break the Bank and get Sanders (1 Viewer)

I appreciate the thought, and yes, we really need a #2 wide receiver.

But this year in particular, it is not the year to over spend on a wide receiver.

Patience is the name of the game. We can either grab a free agent bargain (Sanders included) or take 1 or 2 receivers early in the draft.

Wouldn't say "break the bank" but I do hope we stop ignoring the position. I would like to draft for one AND sign one at a mid tier price.

We don't NEED an expensive, game breaking #2, we just need one at a good price who is a quality WR who can make plays. A #2 WR is not hard to come across, I believe we can do it, we just have to stop being stubborn and thinking we can coach up guys like Carr, Kirkwood, Tre'quan, etc.

Only person I see in the draft that I like and usually I don't like taking receiver in the first round is Jefferson of LSU. I rather do that than break the bank for someone that probably would be with us for just 2 years at most.

Wouldn't say "break the bank" but I do hope we stop ignoring the position. I would like to draft for one AND sign one at a mid tier price.

We don't NEED an expensive, game breaking #2, we just need one at a good price who is a quality WR who can make plays. A #2 WR is not hard to come across, I believe we can do it, we just have to stop being stubborn and thinking we can coach up guys like Carr, Kirkwood, Tre'quan, etc.

Absolutely agree. But I think this year the market will be set low for free agent wide receivers. I think if we are patient, chances are we will be able to buy cheaper.

With the salaries the position is commanding, and the depth in the draft class, I think teams are willing to wait and trust rookies instead of over-paying.

That may work for us, we are a very competitive team, one of the best offences to showcase talent and the best passer in NFL history.

If a veteran thinks he will need to set for a one or two year bridge deal, looking for a big contract next, I can't think on a better place to set then the saints.

The Teddy Bridgewater experience is going to resonate with veterans, that is good for us.

We just need to be patient.

I wouldn't break the bank but I do WANT him as a Saint!

He knows were right there on the door step. I'd really hope we try for him cause I'm sure he'd be interested in being a Saint.

Carr and Kirkwood were a result of Cam Meredith never being healthy enough to play for the saints. I don't think they are ignoring the position, things just haven't worked out well. I'd say Tre'quan Smith is capable of being a solid #2 option and is a good compliment to a Michael Thomas.

Carr and Kirkwood were a result of Cam Meredith never being healthy enough to play for the saints. I don't think they are ignoring the position, things just haven't worked out well. I'd say Tre'quan Smith is capable of being a solid #2 option and is a good compliment to a Michael Thomas.
We definitely ignored it last season. We knew after the 2019 playoffs we needed help for Mike and we decided to just "run it back" with Ginn/Carr/Kirkwood/TQS/Meredith.

I'm not ostracizing the Saints for doing that, I understand we allocated our $ to Cook and it wasn't too out of bounds to think our WRs not named Michael could do just enough to help our offense. But it burned us again in the playoffs this year. So fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Call me crazy...if the Saints would have traded for Sanders and not the 49ers...we would have probably had a first round bye...we would have probably have beat the Vikings...and there is no telling how far we would have went in the playoffs last year. Our fate would have likely been different. I'm still very interested in Sanders. I'd get Sanders and also draft 1-2 rookie WRs.

I know people are thinking we will get a decent WR2 n the draft but I, believe we should get a proven entity in free agency. I do not know why it isn't a pressing matter to the team. It seems so urgent to me.

There were so many games that Sanders disappeared last season and he couldn’t even overtake the rookie Deebo Samuel as the number one in SF. Why is everyone so enamored with him as the solution?

I believe drafting a WR in one of the first two rounds seems like a better solution.

I know people are thinking we will get a decent WR2 n the draft but I, believe we should get a proven entity in free agency. I do not know why it isn't a pressing matter to the team. It seems so urgent to me.

Me too. we need someone who is experienced and can come in and contribute from game 1. Rookies can rarely do that. The wr2 position is a disaster.

An average player is good enough.

There were so many games that Sanders disappeared last season and he couldn’t even overtake the rookie Deebo Samuel as the number one in SF. Why is everyone so enamored with him as the solution?

I believe drafting a WR in one of the first two rounds seems like a better solution.

You mean...except the game he tanked our season? He's a significant upgrade at the #2 WR position. He would hit the ground running with little downtime...unlike most rookies. Signing Sanders does not mean wouldn't also draft a WR or two. Everyone that I've seen on this forum who likes Sanders also wants to draft a WR. We have a need for more than one WR. One could be a very good short term solution, the other will be a long term solution (though hopefully they also pitch in this season).

You mean...except the game he tanked our season? He's a significant upgrade at the #2 WR position. He would hit the ground running with little downtime...unlike most rookies. Signing Sanders does not mean wouldn't also draft a WR or two. Everyone that I've seen on this forum who likes Sanders also wants to draft a WR. We have a need for more than one WR. One could be a very good short term solution, the other will be a long term solution (though hopefully they also pitch in this season).

So he had a good game against the Saints. He didn’t tank our season... That dude was on a milk carton for most of the year. If you want the Saints to not have issues on offense then the solution is upgrading the interior of the o-line. We have enough weapons to throw the ball to as it stands IMO. Sure, another WR is needed, but I don’t think it’s the solution to eliminating those few games where the offense was stagnant. If the o-line isn’t elite in the middle, then the offense will continue to have those down games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom