Breakers vs Stars (2 Viewers)

I read the game last night had nearly 3 million viewers. I'm guessing they knew they would take a hit in attendance, but could rely on the TV revenue. Also, it's Easter Sunday, so today isn't the best indicator. Birmingham is a football town, and I've heard Protective Stadium is pretty nice.

I'm actually strongly considering taking in one of The Breakers/Stallions games.
No need to guess, thats exactly the plan. They based year 1 on the "bubble" concept that was adopted for covid for the NBA.

They cut a deal with the stadium in B-Ham and don't have to pay for travel, multiple stadiums, etc. They also get to enjoy the efficiencies of setting up one broadcast and being able to do multiple games over many different weeks. This year its a TV league, and they'll take what they can get in the stands. At the start, thats better than throwing away earned revenue on extended costs. With add revenue for FOX games and broadcast rights fees paid by NBC, it should give the league (owned by FOX) a net positive in year one and then they can venture out in to the markets with a year of branding, working out kinks, etc. under their belts.

Last edited:
The games were all competitive, except maybe the TB Bandits-Pittsburgh Maulers game (even that wasn't a rout). I think that bodes well for the league going forward.

The problem that I see is that 1 injury, with the limited rosters, could completely change a team's season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom