Breakfast Sandwich Hack (1 Viewer)

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
I've seen that, but haven't tried it.

Easier breakfast sandwich hack. Cut a slice of a large peeled onion about 1/2 inch think or so. Take the outer ring and put it in a pan and crack the egg into it. Cook and flip as you would a fried egg. You end up with an egg mcmuffin shaped egg, so it will have a nicely round shape and a good bite to it (leave the yolk as runny as you like).

Also good for cooking an egg for a burger. And you end up with a cooked onion.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I've seen that, but haven't tried it.

Easier breakfast sandwich hack. Cut a slice of a large peeled onion about 1/2 inch think or so. Take the outer ring and put it in a pan and crack the egg into it. Cook and flip as you would a fried egg. You end up with an egg mcmuffin shaped egg, so it will have a nicely round shape and a good bite to it (leave the yolk as runny as you like).

Also good for cooking an egg for a burger. And you end up with a cooked onion.
nice

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I’m thinking you could go this French toast style with maybe a strawberry compote filling
I see you have the same disease I have. It really ticks my wife off too when I do it. She will cook a new recipe and for some reason unknown to me I always say " this is good but imagine it with blah blah blah". No idea why I do that but I always try to push food to that next level and always want to change or add something.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I see you have the same disease I have. It really ticks my wife off too when I do it. She will cook a new recipe and for some reason unknown to me I always say " this is good but imagine it with blah blah blah". No idea why I do that but I always try to push food to that next level and always want to change or add something.
I also REALLY like French toast

FL_Saint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
How’d it turn out?
Not bad, not as pretty as the video. I used an english muffin instead because it is easier to flip two english muffins than two pieces of bread. I have a bigger griddle turner, but I didn't want to get the big griddle out, just my stainless skillet. But honestly, it is gimmicky. Just make a dang breakfast sandwich and move on.

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Not bad, not as pretty as the video. I used an english muffin instead because it is easier to flip two english muffins than two pieces of bread. I have a bigger griddle turner, but I didn't want to get the big griddle out, just my stainless skillet. But honestly, it is gimmicky. Just make a dang breakfast sandwich and move on.
That's kinda my thoughts....just make it like it's supposed to be made. I'd be putting some jelly on it though. :D

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
that is pretty cool and I bet would taste good. I currently don’t have a spatula big enough to pull it off with all the egg in one piece and if I did, I’m betting it takes a little practice and perfect temp and timing.
I don't use a spatula. I just flip it in the skillet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom