Breakfast: Version 2.0 (New and Improved!) (1 Viewer)

UndeadSnoopy

Resting in Peace
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A friend of mine, let's call him/her Humbug, was invited to a pancake breakfast this morning. I'm not jealous because my invitation was obviously lost in the mail. Plus I'm strictly a waffle person and I bet they serve oatmeal instead of grits anyway.

Because of Humbug, my normal lazy breakfast of coffee and Frosted Mini-Wheats (adult cereal sprinkled with sugary goodness) will not do this morning.

It's time to clog some arteries with two eggs over medium, bacon, grits with a generous pat of butter, and a biscuit with country gravy.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I did find a nearly decade-old similar thread by some old-timer so if you want to live in the past:

https://saintsreport.com/threads/breakfast.168343/
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Recap:
Waffles>Pancakes
Grits>Oatmeal
Me>Humbug

So...

What is your normal breakfast and what do you prefer?

A friend of mine, let's call him/her Humbug, was invited to a pancake breakfast this morning. I'm not jealous because my invitation was obviously lost in the mail. Plus I'm strictly a waffle person and I bet they serve oatmeal instead of grits anyway.

Because of Humbug, my normal lazy breakfast of coffee and Frosted Mini-Wheats (adult cereal sprinkled with sugary goodness) will not do this morning.

It's time to clog some arteries with two eggs over medium, bacon, grits with a generous pat of butter, and a biscuit with country gravy.

I did find a nearly decade-old similar thread by some old-timer so if you want to live in the past:

https://saintsreport.com/threads/breakfast.168343/

Recap:
Waffles>Pancakes
Grits>Oatmeal
Me>Humbug

So...

What is your normal breakfast and what do you prefer?

if you dont cook those eggs over medium IN THE BACON grease, then you arent trying ( or living )

Undead, you asked, so I’ll answer.
Every weekday morning I have a protein shake. Sometimes, I’ll have a boiled egg, and a cup of some type of raw vegetable, (mostly broccoli) to go along with it. On weekend mornings, I have a bunch of thick cut bacon and a couple of boiled eggs.

Go ahead and poke fun. :hihi:

Today I brought in 30 Chick Fil A chicken biscuits and a dozen plain biscuits for my customer. I'm not sure why I shared this, but move along now.

I rarely do breakfast unless I am eating breakfast food for dinner

eggs over medium (in bacon grease), yellow grits, blueberry pancakes (there is a place north of Central that lets you pick them....we get enough to freeze and have during the year)

brunch at Stabs is a whole different matter tho

I typically skip breakfast except for coffee.

On my days off however, I will wake later and make a trash omelette. Whatever is leftover from previous meals is game. Occasionally I'll take advantage of "special dishes" like corned beef, chili, etc and make something other than an omelette. Corned beef hash from scratch is particularly delicious.

Calm down Undead. Its the pancake breakfast. They do it every month...

Simply awesome. Anyone who can work in an Anchorman reference in a random thread is o.k. by me! Great work
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/OiPUrzkitCPnS2BUhd" width="480" height="259" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="">via GIPHY</a></p>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom