N/S BREAKING: Antonio Brown Accused of 3 Different Rapes/Sexaul Assaults in Federal Lawsuit (1 Viewer)

I’m giving both the benefit of the doubt. I feel that criminal charges should be brought against a rapist the moment it happened or the moment legal action is decided to be taken.

I know rape victims that have experienced turmoil post sexual abuse. I also witnessed people have their lives ruined after being falsely accused for money by people that they had intimate relationships with. This civil lawsuit reminded me of the latter based on the timing and the two individuals’ history. Civil case is strictly monetary compensation

All I stated was that the case is suspect and questionable on both sides. Of course everyone has their own way of handling things, but rape is a very criminal allegation. He should’ve been arrested or reported a long time ago at the time she was allegedly abused. But since there’s no knowledge of police reports and by them having a relationship, the civil case looks like extortion but not conclusive. All the questions I have will start being answered as they release more details
Have you actually seen the text messages? Either they are fake and the accuser is stupid to submit falsified evidence that are easily verifiable or AB pretty much admit sexual assault (yes jerking off "on her" while she was sleeping is sexual assault). The rape accusation is another story but based on this you still want to believe him?

Have you actually seen the text messages? Either they are fake and the accuser is stupid to submit falsified evidence that are easily verifiable or AB pretty much admit sexual assault (yes jerking off "on her" while she was sleeping is sexual assault). The rape accusation is another story but based on this you still want to believe him?

That was one of my points Antonio Brown could have been arrested two years ago for that sexual assault incident alone but there’s no known police report or complaints. Maybe that will come out. It’s not about believing him or her. I’m trying to understand why wasn’t he put in jail in 2017 and 2018 when the sexual abuse happened but continued a relationship with him.

From what I gathered there’s evidence that he committed the acts (to what extent is undecided) but there’s evidence that she still wanted to have a relationship late 2018. If the lawyers have evidence of the later interactions, why did she continue to deal with him instead of putting him in jail?

My point is he should have been charged/held accountable back then and something caused their relationship to constantly go from nonconsensual to consensual

So there's emails - I can't post them here due to language. They don't really prove anything nonconsensual, and actually they show that Brown believed this woman and her mother were trying to play him for money.

If it were truly a money grab, wouldn't she be going after more than $75,000?

I haven't even looked at the complaint BUT I'm sure it says her damages exceed $75,000 or something like that. She will be claiming more than $75k - it's just $75k is the minimum required to plead for the amount in controversy to obtain federal diversity jurisdiction.

If it were truly a money grab, wouldn't she be going after more than $75,000?

She is going after more than $75,000. She has to claim in her complaint that her damages are more than $75,000 because it is filed in federal court in Florida based on "diversity jurisdiction" - which means that the parties are domiciled in diverse (not the same) states but the statute on diversity jurisdiction in federal court requires that the amount "in controversy" exceed $75,000.

Calling our resident Legal Beagle: SuperChuck500...

Regardless of how bad a scumbag someone's reputation is, isn't it incumbent on the prosecution to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt?

I'm no fan of Antonio Brown... glad we didn't get him (because of his personality and cancerous locker room presence). But he shouldn't be guilty in the "court of public opinion," with the No Fun League suspending him before his day in court.

:gosaints:

Others have said it, but this isn't a criminal case so there isn't a "prosecution". Rather, there is a Plaintiff who must prove her legal claims by a "preponderance of the evidence", which is not the same as "beyond a reasonable doubt." A preponderance simply means more likely than not (or 50% + 1 or however you want to visualize it).

She is going after more than $75,000. She has to claim in her complaint that her damages are more than $75,000 because it is filed in federal court in Florida based on "diversity jurisdiction" - which means that the parties are domiciled in diverse (not the same) states but the statute on diversity jurisdiction in federal court requires that the amount "in controversy" exceed $75,000.
Oh, I was just regurgitating what I heard on the news blurb on WWL as I was pulling into my office parking lot. They said she was suing for $75K. They certainly could have been clearer.

Oh, I was just regurgitating what I heard on the news blurb on WWL as I was pulling into my office parking lot. They said she was suing for $75K. They certainly could have been clearer.

I'm shocked WWL wasn't quite accurate with their reporting!

Pretty much but not in defense of Antonio Brown himself. Why not report the rape to police instead of suing the wealthy ball player? the timeline of events surrounding the alleged incidents and the nature of their relationship makes the lawsuit look very fishy

Easier to win in civil court and a lot of people would see getting millions of dollars in compensation as a bigger victory than seeing the person go to jail for a few years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom