N/S BREAKING: Antonio Brown Accused of 3 Different Rapes/Sexaul Assaults in Federal Lawsuit (1 Viewer)

There are 1700 players in the NFL, with hundreds being added and dropping off each offseason.

There are only a few accusations that pop up each year. It doesn't appear to be anymore prevalent than the rate of allegations among regular society. Maybe less.

So this idea that women are just out there targeting athletes doesn't add up. If it did, there'd be a heck of a lot more players being targeted. You have to take each case on its merits and see how it goes.
Agreed with all of this. Somehow sexual assault always instantly devolves to this amongst sports fans. “Durr she’s obviously just lying to get money”. What about how she now gets dragged through the mud by everyone for getting raped? Why don’t we afford victims the same discretion that everyone is so quick to offer the accused? Why do people turn a blind eye to the fact that roughly 98% of sexual assault claims are found to be bona fide?

Again if this was such an easy “cash grab” wouldn’t it happen all the time? It’s insanely hard to conclusively prove sexual assault in a criminal case which is why so few victims ever come forward and those that do almost never see a prosecution

In the context of the league, the optics of those texts alone are bad for the League and the Pats (though I can't translate them good enough to understand what that fool was actually trying to say). No wonder the NFL is considering putting him on the exempt list. That would make the most sense at this point.

As for his guilt or innocence - just because it's a civil case first doesn't preclude her having sufficient evidence to prove he sexually assaulted her in some form. Clearly this is a money grab, but the details of what's she's describing happened, outside of the accused rape incident, are detailed and weird to the point of it hard to imagine them being completely fabricated out right. its not hard to imagine this guy treating a female like that - just observe his daily behavior and read those texts.

They said last night they were going to let the NFL investigate before taking any action - and there would be no further comment.

I'm not saying they won't do something, but it would be a complete reversal in course for the team to suspend him now. I think they'd rather let the league put him on the Commissioner's list. That's sort of what it is for - situations where it's just a bad look for the league to have the player participating, but there's not (yet) enough to actually suspend the player. (So that's why the player still gets paid while on the list - it's sort of a discretionary way the league can put potentially bad PR looks on ice for a bit).
I think if this story crosses over to the non sports talk shows, they’ll have no choice.

No calls to the police when the "alleged incidents" happened.

No evidence taken when the "alleged incidents" happened.

No criminal prosecution for any of the alleged incidents.

This isn't even a criminal affidavit, she is suing him for money based on something she can't prove ever happened.

This is the kind of crap that does a disservice to real victims of sexual assault (which is a crime)

Last edited:
Agreed with all of this. Somehow sexual assault always instantly devolves to this amongst sports fans. “Durr she’s obviously just lying to get money”. What about how she now gets dragged through the mud by everyone for getting raped? Why don’t we afford victims the same discretion that everyone is so quick to offer the accused? Why do people turn a blind eye to the fact that roughly 98% of sexual assault claims are found to be bona fide?

Again if this was such an easy “cash grab” wouldn’t it happen all the time? It’s insanely hard to conclusively prove sexual assault in a criminal case which is why so few victims ever come forward and those that do almost never see a prosecution
That's an unfair generalization. When there are texts, emails, and other such record of the accuser seeking money for an investment into her scheme that is very questionable, and when she continues to solicit him and insert herself into his life over the course of multiple years (each time seeking money / tickets, ect), her claims look very suspect.

If we were talking about 3 different women, are a woman assaulted 3 times who hasn't tried to get money from the accused (years before going to the courts), then I'd think that would be a relevant observation about this claim. With this case, there are emails and texts and letters where you can clearly see there was a consensual relationship and also that over the years she was repeated rejected when beseeching his investments.

I do believe AB has CTE or some kind of mental issue that goes beyond narcissm and the "diva WR" / ego that has become definable, but I do not believe he is doing Darren Sharper / Kellon Winslow type stuff; he's just mating with women who have no character because that is the lifestyle of many young and rich single athletes who aren't looking for a long term relationship (which admittidley is a generalization, though I think not unfair).

In the context of the league, the optics of those texts alone are bad for the League and the Pats (though I can't translate them good enough to understand what that fool was actually trying to say). No wonder the NFL is considering putting him on the exempt list. That would make the most sense at this point.

As for his guilt or innocence - just because it's a civil case first doesn't preclude her having sufficient evidence to prove he sexually assaulted her in some form. Clearly this is a money grab, but the details of what's she's describing happened, outside of the accused rape incident, are detailed and weird to the point of it hard to imagine them being completely fabricated out right. its not hard to imagine this guy treating a female like that - just observe his daily behavior and read those texts.

I agree with this.

I don't.

Anyone can file a civil suite at any time for any reason without any probable cause or to support an indictment. The only reason to take any action at this point, is for public relations.
I’m taking everything from he past few weeks into consideration. They should put him on the commissioners exempt list (not a suspension) until everything is sorted out.

I’m taking everything from he past few weeks into consideration. They should put him on the commissioners exempt list (not a suspension) until everything is sorted out.

I agree. It's the nature of the allegations - not just the fact that AB is being sued for civil damages. If that were the case, he would be on the exempt list for these other lawsuits against him:

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom