N/S BREAKING: Antonio Brown Accused of 3 Different Rapes/Sexaul Assaults in Federal Lawsuit (1 Viewer)

There is such a thi

I don't know the significance of this post, but I'm assuming you think this dispels the fact SOME women are putting out false allegations against men with means, men who women literally go after because they have money to attach something on them to extort money...or as they call it "getting the bag".

I don't know the significance of this post, but I'm assuming you think this dispels the fact SOME women are putting out false allegations against men with means, men who women literally go after because they have money to attach something on them to extort money...or as they call it "getting the bag".

As I stated on a previous post on this thread, some cases are money grabs, some cases are the only way for some to get any semblance of justice.

However, you obviously feel very strongly about "these women". I am guessing you felt the same way when you first heard about Harvey? How can it be possible that in 30 years no one contacted the authorities, right?

Personally, I am not playing jury and passing judgement on Brown or the woman suing him.

No, I meant what I said only regarding Halle Berry. You said she admitted he never put a hand on her. David Justice still could have abused her emotionally and verbally. BTW where did you hear this regarding Halle Berry? I am not saying I don't believe you, I am just curious because I never heard this.

Edit: I goggled it and I found where it said she never actually said it was David Justice who abused her and wouldn't name who.

I don't assume anything about what women do. No one really knows unless they were there or there was a video showing the rape or assault. Or the accused admits what they did.

Last edited:
You’re presuming that reporting it to law enforcement automatically results in criminal proceedings - but that’s not accurate. She may have reported it and they told her it wasn’t enough to go on - I don’t know. I’m just saying we shouldn’t just throw “facts” around that we don’t know to be true.

The Pittsburgh DA has made a statement that they are now looking into the allegations made by the the female. Not opening an old case, but starting a new one.

This would seem to validate my presumption that based on the info at hand, no criminal case was pursued at the time of the alleged incident, which i acknowledge was a presumption on my part for the sake of discussion. I agree that it was premature to definitively say NO as fact. And probably still is.

Edit, just saw the other post of no complaints filed.

The Pittsburgh DA has made a statement that they are now looking into the allegations made by the the female. Not opening an old case, but starting a new one.

This would seem to validate my presumption that based on the info at hand, no criminal case was pursued at the time of the alleged incident, which i acknowledge was a presumption on my part for the sake of discussion. I agree that it was premature to definitively say NO as fact. And probably still is.

Edit, just saw the other post of no complaints filed.

Validated presumptions don’t change the fact that you shouldn’t presume things like that - not if you’re going to draw conclusions. Because there will be times the presumption is wrong and that will
make the conclusions wrong.

Without singling any poster out, I will say that there are some dangerously misinformed views being expressed here.

The notion that the absence of a contemporaneous police report somehow disproves the accuser’s claim is a fiction. Victims of sexual assault often wait years before making a complaint, if at all.

Moreover, the fact that the accuser knew Antonio Brown really has no bearing on her credibility or otherwise. Women are more likely to be sexually assaulted by someone known to them. I would have thought the #metoo movement shed further light on how men can exploit power imbalances (relative to both women and other men) for this purpose.

I don’t have time to dig up the statistics but the reality is that overwhelmingly, women who allege they are the victim of a sexual assault are telling the truth. Notwithstanding this, most allegations are not successfully prosecuted. Coupled with the stigma associated with making a complaint (the evidence of which is ever-present in this thread), it’s not surprising to see why so many victims feel absolutely powerless.

I say all that without making any comments about this case at all. A little bit of information can be dangerous and I would suggest it is wrong to draw any conclusions based on a statement from Brown’s lawyer and some limited correspondence which has apparently been leaked by one of the parties.

I like to know "for sure"; but, trouble is, that rarely can be the case. So all ANY of us have is our opinion. Fact is, to just "believe women", you have to believe that all women CAN be believed. I'm a woman. I can't do that anymore than I can automatically believe that ALL men are bad.

I like to know "for sure"; but, trouble is, that rarely can be the case. So all ANY of us have is our opinion. Fact is, to just "believe women", you have to believe that all women CAN be believed. I'm a woman. I can't do that anymore than I can automatically believe that ALL men are bad.

Statistics will show that an overwhelming majority of women who weren’t believed, probably should have been. Of course I also don’t really think “believe women” means “believe all women, no matter what information comes out, and men are always bad.”

I always took it to mean that you should listen to women who come forward and look into, or at least wait until the authorities/courts do. Basically, “believe women” means (to me) “don’t just shut it down and dismiss women”, which is what happened (and still happens) far too often.

Heck, a few pages into this thread, before any details had even come out, we had people calling the woman a “gold digging whore”. I won’t even get started on some of the comments I saw online about Demarcus Cousins’ ex a few weeks ago.

Have you not just unintentionally summed up the entire problem with this issue, and with social media and the internet more generally? On what basis can anybody arrive at an informed opinion on the information that is presently available?

Nobody knows any of the detail of the claim. It’s just pure speculation at this point shaped by people’s subjective biases and prejudices. It would be like if you posted that you inexplicably woke up with a sore knee, and I responded, “Well, I had a sore knee once and it was diagnosed as arthritic so you must have arthritis as well”. I don’t know what activity you have undertaken. I don’t know your medical history. I don’t have the benefit of examining it. In fact, I’m not a doctor and do not have the benefit of years of training and experience to make an accurate diagnosis even if I did have more information available to me.

And the overall problem is, all of these criticisms of the complainant are necessarily very damaging. I mean, a poster above (I forgot who and I don't intend to revisit it) labelled the complainant a "gold digging wh*re", which makes me sick to my stomach.

You might not realise it, but this all ties into the culture I spoke to above about victims of sexual assault not having the confidence to report it – (a) because of the terrible stigma and scrutiny that they are subjected to and (b) because they have no confidence in the system to help them.

thumb-166.jpg

Police sketch artist.... uhhhhhh what

Validated presumptions don’t change the fact that you shouldn’t presume things like that - not if you’re going to draw conclusions. Because there will be times the presumption is wrong and that will
make the conclusions wrong.
your right, i usually am the one also want to wait until all the facts are out, Assumptions are usually incorrect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom