Breaking Bad movie in the making (1 Viewer)

My wife and I both give it a low B... So I guess an 8/8.5 out of 10. Thought it was good, and we liked it, but I don't think it was Breaking Bad level good. To quote a friend of mine, I felt like I was watching "Jesse Pinkman - Star Wars Story", same kind of vibe. I guess the best way to put it is that it was unnecessary to the overall story, but I'm not mad that we watched it and we enjoyed it for what it was. My favorite parts were probably the flashbacks with psycho Matt Damon.

I liked the El Camino movie, but I was really hoping for a grand finale.

*****Stop reading now if you haven't watched the movie****************

The movie was pretty much what happened to Jesse. That whole movie could of been done in 10 ten minutes. This was just a big cash cow production. I will keep my expectations low for any new spin offs or future continuations of the series. On the flip side, I liked that Jane Margolis was in there.

In summary, good movie, but it was a let down over all. The Breaking Bad phenomenon is pretty much gone, just left over meat loaf of what was once must see t.v..

Agree. About halfway through, I realized. "Dang, this is the whole plot?"

They did get me with the "cops" in Todd's apartment. So I'll give them that

I'd give it 7/10

It was just an extended prologue episode. And it was completely unnecessary in terms of the story. Not even sure it needed to be made. Still enjoyed the heck out of it.

Genuinely curious for those of you who say BB is around #10 all time - what 9 shows would you put above it? I don't watch enough TV to try to make a list, but I struggle to think of anything I liked better.

Meantime imma be sitting here waiting for the next season of Better Call Saul
Waiting-Skeleton.jpg

This stuck me as strange. The guy knew he was going to be cast in a movie. He doesn't seem to get a lot of high-profile work. He couldn't lose a few pounds?

I don’t know about the part about work. Jesse Plemons gets roles pretty consistently. He’s been in a ton of stuff and a lot of them “prestige“ projects.

This stuck me as strange. The guy knew he was going to be cast in a movie. He doesn't seem to get a lot of high-profile work. He couldn't lose a few pounds?
I read in the IMDB trivia that Plemons had gained weight for roles in a couple of other shows. On that note, I really liked him in the Black Mirror episode USS Callister.

I finally watched El Camino last night. I enjoyed it. BB is in my top three, possibly #1 (GOT took a hit in the last season and The Wire is high on my list). I'm glad they made it and Gilligan did a good job. It was pretty much and extended episode of Breaking Bad for me.

As for the finale of BB, I think it was great. A little over the top with the oscillating M60 in the trunk, but topped off nicely with Bad Finger's Baby Blue.

I was a big fan of Breaking Bad. I enjoyed El Camino, but I have yet to watch an episode of Better Call Saul. It's on my watch list.

My problem is that most of my favorite shows have been cancelled over the last couple of years and I really haven't seen anything new that looks worth trying to get into.

i watched it. i enjoyed it. im not sure if i feel bad for jesse at times or just think hes an idiot. dudes always getting beat up though.

I was a big fan of Breaking Bad. I enjoyed El Camino, but I have yet to watch an episode of Better Call Saul. It's on my watch list.

My problem is that most of my favorite shows have been cancelled over the last couple of years and I really haven't seen anything new that looks worth trying to get into.
Better Call Saul is it's own slice of brilliance. My wife had zero interest in ever watching Breaking Bad, but has really gotten into it. It's compelling TV.

I didn't expect much from Better Call Saul, especially following the huge success of Breaking Bad, but it is very, very good. I can't get enough of the character, Mike Ehrmantraut. And I like that it's a prequel to Breaking Bad and will eventually catch up to it. Vince Gilligan doesn't disappoint.

i watched it. i enjoyed it. im not sure if i feel bad for jesse at times or just think hes an idiot. dudes always getting beat up though.

This is one follow-up where the years don't matter with the lead actor. Because he was abused in the gang, hell hole, it was okay for him to look "weathered."

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom