Breaking down the Adam Trautman trade (1 Viewer)

You never know if we're done drafting with Payton. Could still trade future picks or players or both. I hope we are done and just focus on the UDFA that slip through the cracks.
There will likely be some good WR go undrafted. This WR class seems deeper than usual.

Saints give:
130, 169, 203, 244

Vikings give:

I know the gut reaction is negative to the trade...a mini Ricky Williams situation...but we again won the trade. We won by 9.4 points, or the equivalent of pick 202, one before our previously held sixth rounder.
Saints have developed one of the best scouting/personnel departments in the league over the last 4 years. Every year Peyton chooses to make them irrelevant by trading our picks away. Maybe this is why LSU runs the saints offense better than the saints as we have only 1.5 quality WR's.

We've always done well with rookie free agents and this year's stock may be better than usual given teams have not been able to follow up on scouting reports. I'm happy with the trade if the saints are really getting a quality player for it.

Honestly I thought day 3 would be where we grab a couple development guys and stache them on the PS. But look what happened with Boston Scott last year, we signed him to the PS and another team signed him, I feel the same thing would have happened this year.
We are up against the 53 man limit on game day with having 3 QBs active.
We drafted 3 of my favorite prospects, if they all make significant contributes this year, we did the right thing.

Mentioned already but I see the wisdom in this move. Rookies will only have training camp to make this team. In light of COVID 19 this may have been a stroke of genius by the FO.

Great, more bottom feeders on the roster. We need difference makers not bodies.

So getting the highest rated TE is not a better gamble then getting the next Kenny Stills that may turn out to be Mike Hass, Adrian Arrington or Nick Toon? Or playing the Lottery odds and hoping for a Colston, Edelman or Antonio Brown?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom