Breaking down the Adam Trautman trade (2 Viewers)

So are we done drafting this off season? Now lets get a solid veteran or two
You never know if we're done drafting with Payton. Could still trade future picks or players or both. I hope we are done and just focus on the UDFA that slip through the cracks.

I think the FO will trade a player or next years pick to get back into day 3. No way the FO sits on their hands for the rest of the draft. I figure CB or WR will be picked day 3.

From 2016-2019, we only have two guys still on the team who was drafted in Round 5 or later. With our 2020 roster already loaded, I'm not going to pretend to care to be mad that we won't take someone tomorrow who I've never heard of that likely wouldn't have made the team.

We got 3 really good players when we only had 5 picks. All 3 will make this team for sure. I wanted a corner and receiver, but I think Trautman was the best tight end and Cook just turned 33. A few good receivers will go undrafted IMO and with our track we should be able to the have the pick of the litter

Saints give:
130, 169, 203, 244

Vikings give:

I know the gut reaction is negative to the trade...a mini Ricky Williams situation...but we again won the trade. We won by 9.4 points, or the equivalent of pick 202, one before our previously held sixth rounder.
Those last two picks we gave up were almost guaranteed to be throw aways, given our stacked team with very few positions to win battles over.

So giving up a late 4th and 5th for a late 3rd is good value.

The Saints have a solid team and the additional of Ruiz, Braun and Troutman ad youth and strength to positions of need, couple that with needing the cap space to sign draft picks the Saints didn't need to add a 5-7 player draft and the Saints can find good help at RB in UDFA and will probably bring in another QB via UDFA also so there is still some drafting left.

Usually I would say 5-7 are throw aways but maybe not this yr when people just haven’t had a chance to see these guys. Pro days etc. I think undrsfted guys will be huge too

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom