Breaking down the Adam Trautman trade (1 Viewer)

Our GM, Rick Spielman, is an idiot.
We were a playoff team, so you would think going into the draft with 10+ picks we would trade up to get the guys we want.

Nope.

Instead he's traded down. We have 4 picks done in this draft in 3 rounds and we still have 13 picks to go. (Seriously).
We are going to have 17 draftees trying to make a team in a year when the coaches probably won't even be able to see them prior to September.
How do you evaluate 17 new players in a shortened pre-season.

Our GM is an idiot.

He does this so one out of every dozen picks he can point to a random 5th rounder and say, "We Got Stephon Diggs in the fifth!" and conveniently forget about all of his other busts.

You never know if we're done drafting with Payton. Could still trade future picks or players or both. I hope we are done and just focus on the UDFA that slip through the cracks.

Something tells me we won’t be able to go the whole last day without getting back into it somehow. I’d be very surprised if something doesn’t happen tomorrow.

Something tells me we won’t be able to go the whole last day without getting back into it somehow. I’d be very surprised if something doesn’t happen tomorrow.

Saints are done, they will be preparing for UDFA but if the Saints had any plans if drafting more players they would of given up late round picks from next year's draft...the fact they used this year's picks to move up tells us that they grabbed their targeted players and with a tight cap will be able to sign these three picks and look for depth and potential prospects in the UDFA market

Saints are done, they will be preparing for UDFA but if the Saints had any plans if drafting more players they would of given up late round picks from next year's draft...the fact they used this year's picks to move up tells us that they grabbed their targeted players and with a tight cap will be able to sign these three picks and look for depth and potential prospects in the UDFA market

Come on, now! You know how the Saints operate. Lol. Not that you can’t be right, but I have never known the Saints to sit out a full day of the draft under Payton. I will be shocked.

Sorry...Say what you want, flame all you want, show draft guides that prove all you want...THIS was NOT a good front office move...Giving up 4 draft picks to move into the third for a TE that has played lesser competition his whole career...Idk...I just think the Saints THREW away draft picks this year and its disappointing ....
There is definite talent in later rounds and the Saints just give away draft picks like it doesn't matter... I'm not a fan of this trade at all...

Sorry...Say what you want, flame all you want, show draft guides that prove all you want...THIS was NOT a good front office move...Giving up 4 draft picks to move into the third for a TE that has played lesser competition his whole career...Idk...I just think the Saints THREW away draft picks this year and its disappointing ....
There is definite talent in later rounds and the Saints just give away draft picks like it doesn't matter... I'm not a fan of this trade at all...
You may be right, but the other thought is: Theoretically you gave up 3 picks because 130 became 105. With no rookie or mini-camps there is very little chance picks 203 and 244 make this active roster or any active roster.

Rick Leonard
Boston Scott
Natrell Jamerson
Alize Mack

All Saints draft choices from the last 2 years that we couldn't fit on the roster that are playing for other teams.... Quality over quantity!

Somebody's mad they don't have an excuse to get out of yardwork today.

The team did what your username suggested. You can't be mad at then for that. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom