Breaking down the Zack Baun trade (2 Viewers)

I'll elaborate on what I think you're trying to address. If you're making a pick in the same round that you're moving up, then the pick cancels out with the selection you made. Some people like to redundantly include that same pick as part of the deal and say it's like giving up two picks.
I find it easiest to state it like this: using this year and next years 3rd rounder, the Saints were able to get Baun and a7th rounder this year.

I'll elaborate on what I think you're trying to address. If you're making a pick in the same round that you're moving up, then the pick cancels out with the selection you made. Some people like to redundantly include that same pick as part of the deal and say it's like giving up two picks.

^
^
^
Thank you, I'm actually glad you posted this. So it can clear any confusion that anyone could have.

Queen/Cushingberry or Baun/Ruiz?
Definitely our tandem. The gap between the centers is far larger than that of the linebackers. I also feel Cushenberry doesn't have the position flexibility of Ruiz.

Haven't
The chart I used is from DraftTek. On their website:

"Teams are reported to use a revised trade value model in recent years, as discussed by Bill Belichick. Drafttek provides an alternate trade value model, developed by Rich Hill of Pats Pulpit, which we believe more accurately reflect the trades of the past several years:"

"https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp"
Poaa

We gave up a future round pick to swap 1st round picks.
1+1=2 :)

I find it easiest to state it like this: using this year and next years 3rd rounder, the Saints were able to get Baun and a7th rounder this year.
That's good, because that's exactly what happened.:ROFLMAO: Don't tell that to some of the goobers on here that redundantly believe that we gave up more picks than we actually did. Happens every year.

What everyone is afraid to say is although the LSU players are really talented, they may not have headwork of the two players Saints drafted

If the draft ended right now and we look back it in 2-3 years from now. We will all be happy with a starter at C and LB. i think so far we landed two starters day 1 so far. Im happy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom