BREAKING: Hilary Clinton to acknowledge Obama has nomination (1 Viewer)

As opposed to it as I've been and still think there's good reasons against it -- I am starting to consider more if we'll see an agreement soon to put her on the ticket. It would probably be seen as the one quick-fix move by party leaders that could pull the party together more than any other at this point. Record numbers voted and it becomes the closest thing to a win-win that's plausible. All we've heard about for months is Obama-Clinton -- in a different context of course -- but the brand is there.

Adding her and the support of millions who voted for her might be too much political capital for party-leaders to ignore. Is the pressure on to make it happen?

CNN reporting: Clinton camp says reports that she will concede tonight are "100% incorrect."

No. Do not put her on the ticket. Make her Secretary of State or Ambassador to the UN.

Talk about your mixed messages:

CBS NEWS
Clinton To Say Obama Has Delegates To Win
Campaign Officials Tell CBS News N.Y. Senator Will Not Formally Concede Race In Remarks Tonight
WASHINGTON, June 3, 2008

(CBS/AP) Hillary Rodham Clinton will concede Tuesday night that Barack Obama has the delegates to secure the Democratic nomination, campaign officials said, effectively ending her bid to be the nation's first female president.

A senior Clinton campaign official confirms to CBS News that Hillary Clinton will "acknowledge but not concede" the race tonight. The official says "she has no plans to concede the race tonight."

- Continued -
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/03/politics/main4148295.shtml

A friend of mine at the AP told me a few weeks ago that this was already in the works. It seemed like it was inevitable anyway (if it's true).

A senior Clinton campaign official confirms to CBS News that Hillary Clinton will "acknowledge but not concede" the race tonight. The official says "she has no plans to concede the race tonight."

Women.........

:covri:

No. Do not put her on the ticket. Make her Secretary of State or Ambassador to the UN.

I'd still prefer to see somebody else on the ticket, don't get me wrong. But it's pretty evident that a LOT of voters are going to be unhappy regardless of which one gets the nomination. I'm starting to see merit to the idea that party leaders will pressure one to take the other in an exercise to facilitate unity. If not, I think we're likely to get months of outcry that the wrong candidate got the nod and that's going to make moving forward that much more difficult. I think there are enough supporters on either side who aren't going to be willing to accept this as a fair process. IMO, adding the runner-up comes the closest to appeasing a larger portion of the disgruntled than anything else and the pressure will be there to make it happen.

I'd still prefer to see somebody else on the ticket, don't get me wrong. But it's pretty evident that a LOT of voters are going to be unhappy regardless of which one gets the nomination. I'm starting to see merit to the idea that party leaders will pressure one to take the other in an exercise to facilitate unity.

The core problem is candidacies that involve two people on the ticket who fundamentally don't appear to like each other and may arguably have very different agendas strikes me as a recipe for disaster.

I mean do you think Hillary would be willing to completely mold her organization into Obama's, or that Hillary is going to strictly play by Obama's campaign's playbook?

I'm not saying she'd sabotage Obama, but she'll clearly and obviously have her own agenda (protecting herself even at his expense) and there's little doubt his campaign will end up resenting hers for it.

Bill in a campaign appearance over the weekend did say "this might be the last time you see me doing this" (talking about campaigning). After hearing that I was fairly sure she would eventually concede but not until she gets a little payoff from Obama over her campaign debt.

I mean do you think Hillary would be willing to completely mold her organization into Obama's, or that Hillary is going to strictly play by Obama's campaign's playbook?

Given the political capital she's garnered during the campaign, she'd probably feel as though she has a mandate to a co-presidency. That's toxic.

Very tricky minefield for Obama to navigate. He's being tested politically, that's for damn sure.

Given the political capital she's garnered during the campaign, she'd probably feel as though she has a mandate to a co-presidency. That's toxic.

Very tricky minefield for Obama to navigate. He's being tested politically, that's for damn sure.

Plus she brings Bill with her. He will think its his 3rd term if he is anywhere near the White House.

Bill in a campaign appearance over the weekend did say "this might be the last time you see me doing this" (talking about campaigning). After hearing that I was fairly sure she would eventually concede but not until she gets a little payoff from Obama over her campaign debt.

And afterward, Bill quickly clarified that he meant this would be the last appearance for a primary. :1zhelp:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom