Breaking News, Bush to announce international summit in New Orleans about Katrina reb (1 Viewer)

Stupid ************ probably thinks they're going to a Hornets game.

Not you, Beast, the guy you were quoting.

Yeah, I figured you meant the guy I was quoting..

This is akin to having a "Terrorist Attack Recovery Summit" at Ground Zero in NY.. While some recovery is occurring, each has only just scratched the surface..

well its the truth. dont get me wrong, MS got slammed and i certainly feel bad for every single one of those people as they are transplant NOLA folks and some really good MS people. To compound the problem, look at the disparity per capita of monies.

MS got hit, but you cant blame the gubment for that. we one the other hand...
well you know that story...

oh i dont doubt that doobs. i dont doubt any amount of ineptness when it comes to these guys...

well its the truth. dont get me wrong, MS got slammed and i certainly feel bad for every single one of those people as they are transplant NOLA folks and some really good MS people. To compound the problem, look at the disparity per capita of monies.

MS got hit, but you cant blame the gubment for that. we one the other hand...
well you know that story...

I really hate how Mississippi keeps getting dragged into these pissing matches where people then collectively minimize both the original damage (if you hate Bush) or exaggerate how the recovery is going (if you love Bush). I also hate how the "disparity per capita" of monies gets tossed around (not by you specifically or necessarily here) as if we should feel guilty about it, like it's our fault we didn't elect a fumbling incompetent moron for a governor.

I really hate how Mississippi keeps getting dragged into these pissing matches where people then collectively minimize both the original damage (if you hate Bush) or exaggerate how the recovery is going (if you love Bush). I also hate how the "disparity per capita" of monies gets tossed around (not by you specifically or necessarily here) as if we should feel guilty about it, like it's our fault we didn't elect a fumbling incompetent moron for a governor.

im not banging on you bro, but fact is fact. we were both in a poop storm, and it appeared that the repubs took care of their own while LA withered on the vine. I personally hate how katrina became a dem repub issue and wasnt an issue rooted in fact. plain and simple, us new orleanians/jeffersonians got screwed. you guys got the hook up...
dont feel guilty but dont get bent if someone makes a comment that MS shouldnt be terribly upset with all things considering...

You did elect a fumbling moron. He just happened to belong to the right party...

You did elect a fumbling moron. He just happened to belong to the right party...

Barbour ran, in large part, on the strength of his credentials as the RNC Chairman and the connections and political capital it afforded him in order to help Mississippi. It's like electing Gene Taylor because he sits on the House Armed Services Committee and we need Ingalls to stay open, or Trent Lott because of the senior position he held in the Senate. They're excellent advocates for our state/district.

If we elect Obama in 2008 and some democratic party big whig runs for governor in MS, i'll have to strongly consider electing him as well. I scoffed at the idea that Barbour's "connections" would mean anything tangible when he first ran but, yeah, he sure showed me.

>>**** you

The question was asked whether there was the same animus. How can there be? Nothing was the same except at general levels (e.g. lost his/her home/busines/property/etc.). Different causes, generally poor and slow federal reaction. This does not mean "the same." Both divisions of the Executive Branch, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the Federal Emergency Management Agency/DHS gave many of us in the Greater New Orleans area a special brand of contempt that is unique to our situation. Today it has come to the attention of the United States media that the Centers for Disease Control may have surpressed information (at the behest of FEMA) about the dangers of the trailers that were distributed to 140,000 Gulf Coast families as temporary shelters. I lived in mine for 5 months with burning eyes and nose, passing out cold once and other assorted health problems.

Now had someone asked was there a difference between the experiences in Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi and yes, Florida, with Hurricane Katrina, that could have been another thread. Don't be a *****. I answered the question. You were looking for something else.

TPS

An international summit, huh? Just so long as its not a presidential debate. No way we could handle that, I'm told.

I_Got_The_Hook_Up_1998.jpg

:hihi:

J/K

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom