Breaking News, Bush to announce international summit in New Orleans about Katrina reb (1 Viewer)

Great news! Not sure why an International Summit is needed but ok.

Bush knows how to party ...
If I were going to have a hemispheric meeting , I would
not have it anywhere other than New Orleans .
Party on !
( sarcasm off . )

This title is misleading. This is a summt they have every year but it will take place in New Orleans this time. Doesn't seem like it has anything to do with actually doing anything

Bush stood in Jackson Square 2-1/2 years ago.

Not to thread jack and maybe it's been discussed before but when I watched that on TV I couldn't help but think that he wasn't really in New Orleans. It seemed like he was in front of a green screen.

I predict more rah rah fanfare with President Boob saying<'we have plans in place to rebuild N.O. better than before, blah blah blah...". By years end we shall see what progress will be made. Hell, I would be overly ecstatic if I would see one cherry picker or one crane in New Orleans building or rebuilding a building. Enough use of the word "building" in there for you?

I wonder if the good folks in Mississippi have the same animus towards Pres. Bush over Katrina as the folks in Louisiana.

Well the Hornets vs. Nuggets game will be on. People should have their televisions turned to something more important than the State of the Union. :17:

TPS

>>I wonder if the good folks in Mississippi have the same animus towards Pres. Bush over Katrina as the folks in Louisiana.

Why would they? Their levees didn't fail. :shrug: And the overall deaths and loss of residences don't compare. :shrug:

TPS

Well the Hornets vs. Nuggets game will be on. People should have their televisions turned to something more important than the State of the Union. :17:

TPS

:9: My computer will indeed be tuned to the Hornets game. The television might come on if there arises a need for comedic relief.

I understand efl, I was just reporting this to the board because I felt they had a right to know. Most of the people on SR.com are either New Orleans residents or La. residents. I was in essence reporting this to you as I have heard it.

You are entitled to your opinions, as is everybody else on here, it probably a general consensus rather then that. Thats okay with me

dude, wasnt directed toward you at all...my bad for it sounding that way. Actually, I just posted after posting on the "economic stimulus" thread and was a bit jacked up....It was just another one of my inane rants....later...

this is just a meeting, not about katrina, its a chance for GWB to show how N.O. has recovered

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom