Breaking News, Bush to announce international summit in New Orleans about Katrina reb (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This is just in boys. the president will announce this tonight in the SOTU address. WDSU reported it just now.

I know many of you are not fans of this guy or his administration, but at least he is getting some impetus toward recovering our city from Katrina. Just thought I would give you a heads up on the matter.

Thank you

This is just in boys. the president will announce this tonight in the SOTU address. WDSU reported it just now.

I know many of you are not fans of this guy or his administration, but at least he is getting some impetus toward recovering our city from Katrina. Just thought I would give you a heads up on the matter.

Thank you

2 1/2 years after the storm and 1 1/2 years after the first bashing of his administration for the handling of the after-math. I cant believe this guy won a 2nd term. And generally speaking, Americans are OK with this.

And remember, all this is tonite is a "state of the Union ADDRESS". Talk. Thats it. Now if it were the "state of the union ACTION" then i would tune in.

I understand efl, I was just reporting this to the board because I felt they had a right to know. Most of the people on SR.com are either New Orleans residents or La. residents. I was in essence reporting this to you as I have heard it.

You are entitled to your opinions, as is everybody else on here, it probably a general consensus rather then that. Thats okay with me

We're going to get mentioned in the State of the Union for a change? Great!

our prez is a boob but cut him some slack on this one. at least he is throwing us plebs a bone...

our prez is a boob but cut him some slack on this one. at least he is throwing us plebs a bone...

Timed for the election year.

Devil is in the details. If this is nothing more than a talking shop, with no real commitments to adopt and fund any strategies, then it seems most likely window dressing for the Republican campaign.

Did you read the WDSU announcement black? I can see your point but frankly speaking the Republicans don't have a big chance of winning the 2008 election. It is kind of the Democrats race to lose man. If an international conference can bring us some good publicity and more help in us recovering from the storm, I think at least in principle, some good can come out of this .

I guess we will see as time develops I suppose.

perhaps the cuban doctors (via fidel) that volunteered to help as soon as the levees broke will be invited...

i know fidel is a jack *** but i still dont understand why we didnt use this as an opportunity to a) help new orleans asap and b) a bridge building opportunity with all of our enemies that offered help, and all of them offered help...

Super. Mr. "I'm a Decider" decides to hold what sounds like an annual NAFTA meeting in New Orleans to showcase rebuilding.

Lmao.

Me lighting my cigarette lighter under the thermostat sure isn't going to make the room any warmer.

Maybe we can get some Mexican and Canadian civil engineers to achieve with the levees and floodwalls what the Corps of Engineers obviously can't: function.

Bush stood in Jackson Square 2-1/2 years ago, and despite the occasional drop-in visit, the party he leads, and its media fifth columnists, have avoided us like a distant relative with leprosy, other than as a negative showcase and cautionary tale.

At this point, if the city and state don't understand they've been essentially abandoned and left to die by all but a few, god save us. At least the Jindal election shows that there's hope that we can at least save ourselves. But it's like Chosin. We're going to have to fight our way out on our own.

Originally posted by Beast
Bush counselor Ed Gillespie says the move will "demonstrate how this great American city of New Orleans is rebounding."

Stupid ************ probably thinks they're going to a Hornets game.

Not you, Beast, the guy you were quoting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom