BREAKING NEWS: Drew Agrees to Contract Extension!!! [Merged] (1 Viewer)

So do you as an admin just respond to anyone who doesn't agree with you and mock them, post silly memes and stuff like this?
Glad to know all Saints fans must agree with the group to not be chastised. I'd expect more from an admin.

My response was as a Saints fan and long time member of this site, both of which I have been for much longer than I have been a volunteer staff member.

Agreeing to help monitor the site and help maintain its standards in no way precludes me or any other Mod/Admin from participating at what ever level we choose to. My posting style has always been one tinged with sarcasm, and I'm pretty confident that the majority of members that are familiar with me would testify that it is usually done in a joking manner, absent ill intent.

I also think that I have established an ability to take reciprocal jokes well, and in the spirit they were intended. We are, for the most part, a bunch of southern born football fans. Hacking on each other is a big part of that. When done within the established rules of the site, it should be considered decent and in order to do so.

Now, to share a bit of brutal honesty. You should not disagree with the group if you find yourself unable to take the "chastisement" that comes with it.

I got myself into two pretty elevated discussions in the past couple of days, one about our new kicker and the other defending a position coach, and was treated with copious amounts of red thumbs and borderline degrading comments. Neither position I took was a popular one with a majority of the membership. But I knew that going in. I understood the potential fallout that was coming my way. I did not and currently am not complaining about the response. It was expected, and I took it as intended.

Theses two posts, and several others, have been critical of the deal Drew Brees just signed. For a few years now, posters have been bagging on Brees as greedy and selfish and concerned about his portfolio way more than the team. He ends up signing an overwhelmingly team friendly contract, well below what the market would bear, and some STILL want to find fault with his actions. Those folks are certainly welcome to their opinion, but they have to understand the type of responses that are going to come their way if they choose to express it.

This is not a "safe space." This is a football message board. If expressing an opinion and having it not universally praised is beyond a poster's ability to handle, than the recommendation would be to not post said opinion anymore.

We do not moderate opinions, but we do moderate how they are expressed. We do not moderate commentary on said opinions, unless they run afoul of the posting guidelines. We encourage free debate. We just ask that it be done within the Terms of Service. And we hope that everyone will have fun doing so.

Even if they happen to be wrong.

:mwink:

Yeah let's go pick up some key free agents for the upcoming 2016 season

Oh wait......

And then you kill the cap next year as first year contracts escalate into their second years.

That's exactly the kind of thing we didn't need to do.

Had Brees done this in March, it still wouldn't of been smart to go blow a bunch of money on high priced FAs just because we have extra space. Have we learned nothing from all the past failures?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom