BREAKING NEWS: Drew Agrees to Contract Extension!!! [Merged] (3 Viewers)

Whew. Glad they resolved how they would distribute his millions.

giphy.gif

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 98
Wait? Did we just essentially sign Drew to a 1 year $12.5 million deal and people are still complaining?

Thanks, that was about the best explanation I've seen. I've been trying to figure out what the details of this contract could possibly be.

22.5 million is still a chunk of change. He sure helped out the home team !!!!!!

Whew. Glad they resolved how they would distribute his millions.

Would $13 an hour plus time and a half holiday pay be more palatable to y'all's financial sensibilities?

For those who pay attention to our Cap Space...

According to Over the Cap, we now have 9.9M in space for 2016.

We are currently forecast to have 19.9M in space for 2017, but I believe they're accounting for an increase of 11M to the cap. So, if for some reason the cap stayed flat, we're talking 8.9M in cap space next year. With no moves.

Either way, we're on the right side of things, before a single vet is released or contract extended.

For those who pay attention to our Cap Space...

According to Over the Cap, we now have 9.9M in space for 2016.

We are currently forecast to have 19.9M in space for 2017, but I believe they're accounting for an increase of 11M to the cap. So, if for some reason the cap stayed flat, we're talking 8.9M in cap space next year. With no moves.

Either way, we're on the right side of things, before a single vet is released or contract extended.

I simply can't trust theirs or spotracs numbers. They both showed the Saints to be in negative cap space since Sunday which is simply impossible. The league will not approve any roster move that leaves a team below the cap at the end of that current business day. While the numbers overthecap are showing look pretty close to what has been reported concerning Drew's new deal I personally believe the true cap space for 2016 is 1-2 million more than what they say.

During the off season i rely on the NFLPA's web site for a true figure. However it only caculates for the "top 51" and that is not true once the 53 man roster is set.

Wait? Did we just essentially sign Drew to a 1 year $12.5 million deal and people are still complaining?

Yes. Basically.

Also, both sides got some of what they wanted.
- Saints got an elite QB on a cap-friendly deal.
- Drew got a no-trade and a no-tag clause.

Would $13 an hour plus time and a half holiday pay be more palatable to y'all's financial sensibilities?

So do you as an admin just respond to anyone who doesn't agree with you and mock them, post silly memes and stuff like this?

Glad to know all Saints fans must agree with the group to not be chastised. I'd expect more from an admin.

So do you as an admin just respond to anyone who doesn't agree with you and mock them, post silly memes and stuff like this?

Glad to know all Saints fans must agree with the group to not be chastised. I'd expect more from an admin.

We do it as people. Human beings. People who sometimes get fed up with overly pessimistic views on every freaking thing ever done in the history of the Saints or of life in general. People who don't tolerate people being arses to each other for no good reason.

Other times, it's just jokes man. The whole point of watching and talking about football is entertainment. Fun. Escape from real life.

So, you know.. have fun, relax. Enjoy it.

Waiting for the "One does not simply..." meme for this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom