Breaking News: Eagles to actually play Packers (1 Viewer)

Sarcastic

Very Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, ESPN is reporting that they're gonna actually play the game, and in a shocking twist, it's not a foregone conclusion that the Packers will win.

We haven't really discussed this eventuality here, but from what I understand, if the Packers lose, we'll play Atlanta instead of Chicago in the second round.

Link: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/nflpreview?gameId=310109021

We're dreaming of an NFC championship game in the Superdome against the Pack. Don't interupt our dream with your reality.

Yeah, ESPN is reporting that they're gonna actually play the game, and in a shocking twist, it's not a foregone conclusion that the Packers will win.

We haven't really discussed this eventuality here, but from what I understand, if the Packers lose, we'll play Atlanta instead of Chicago in the second round.

Link: http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/nflpreview?gameId=310109021

If the Packers lose, then we play Atlanta because we will be the lowest remaining seed so as the 5, we play the 1 and the Eagles (3) go to Chi (2).

i still think packers win.

LOL...you have the right to your opinion. I'd have to pick the Eagles, but if I'm wrong it won't shock me. It's close IMO.

This is more in response to the "weather in Chicago looks good!" type threads. There was a post in another thread where somebody said they're looking at booking a hotel room in Chicago, with no consideration that we might be going to Atlanta.

If the Packers lose, then we play Atlanta because we will be the lowest remaining seed so as the 5, we play the 1 and the Eagles (3) go to Chi (2).

Well if the Packers won, wouldn't they be the lowest seed? Then they should play the Bears!

Well if the Packers won, wouldn't they be the lowest seed? Then they should play the Bears!

NO, the lowest remaining seed plays the highest remaining seed, so

If Packers (6) win, they play Atlanta (1)
and the Saints (5) play the Bears (2)

If the Eagles win (3) they play the Bears (2)
and the Saints as the lowest remaining @ 5 would play Atlanta as the 1.

The Eagles said:
We like tacos. Don't you think this is some information that we would have liked to know? You invited Green Bay? You said Green Bay gave you the creeps. :shrug:.

:covri:

NO, the lowest remaining seed plays the highest remaining seed, so

If Packers (6) win, they play Atlanta (1)
and the Saints (5) play the Bears (2)

If the Eagles win (3) they play the Bears (2)
and the Saints as the lowest remaining @ 5 would play Atlanta as the 1.

Ok I got it. If we then beat Atlanta or Chicago how do we know who we play next?

Really?

The winner of the other game. At that point there would only be 2 teams left.

Oh, yeah, I'm silly. You know what's cool? Even if you get to the Super Bowl you STILL just play the highest remaining seed from the other conference!

How do they make it work like that? It's like magic.

Um Pardon me but dont we have to beat the Seahawks first :idunno:. We lose to the Seahawks and we dont play anyone !!!!! One game at a time boys, one game at a time......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom