Breaking News: Gov Jindal Violates Ethics Codes, will be Charged!! (1 Viewer)

Not a getting off on the right foot EWE, I mean Bobby.

There is a difference between failing to report something and an error being made.

Teepell said the Republican Party did not submit invoices to the campaign showing the expenditures on Jindal’s behalf. So, he said, there was no way of knowing for reporting purposes.

After the omission came to light, the money was promptly reported and the party started filing in-kind expenditure reports with the campaign, Teepell said.

Can't exactly report something that you weren't made aware of. and when they were made aware of it they reported it.

This is what drives me insane about the fighting between parties. Had Jindal not won, you would have never seen this. Of course, since he did won and this was found, even though its an obvious error, it is brought out to hurt the republican governor. If he really wanted to hide something, why submit it even late. It wouldn't have changed anything.

the sad part is if the roles are reversed the same thing would happen. I am not saying its just a democrat thing. Its both sides of the fence so to speak. Its sad, if we can stop all this arguing and focus on doing what needs to be done to make life better for everyone, republican, democrat, whoever, maybe things will get better. Until that happens things will move along in a snails pace.:covri: :dunno:

There is a difference between failing to report something and an error being made.

Can't exactly report something that you weren't made aware of. and when they were made aware of it they reported it.

This is what drives me insane about the fighting between parties. Had Jindal not won, you would have never seen this. Of course, since he did won and this was found, even though its an obvious error, it is brought out to hurt the republican governor. If he really wanted to hide something, why submit it even late. It wouldn't have changed anything.

the sad part is if the roles are reversed the same thing would happen. I am not saying its just a democrat thing. Its both sides of the fence so to speak. Its sad, if we can stop all this arguing and focus on doing what needs to be done to make life better for everyone, republican, democrat, whoever, maybe things will get better. Until that happens things will move along in a snails pace.:covri: :dunno:

Exactly...:9:

This is much ado about nothing. There's nothing here that rises to an EWE level.

How about this coming from our newly elected ethics reform Governor. Two weeks in office and he is already violated ethics codes. This is something. He failed to report $100,000 in contributions.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/breaking/14290662.html

Your thread title and post is horribly misleading. I came in here expecting to find out he took bribes.

He failed to report some contributions and will have to pay a $2,500 dollar fine? Really? I'm sorry, I mean to say "He violated Ethics Codes, will be Charged!!!!!!!!!!!". :covri:

Your thread title and post is horribly misleading. I came in here expecting to find out he took bribes.

He failed to report some contributions and will have to pay a $2,500 dollar fine? Really? I'm sorry, I mean to say "He violated Ethics Codes, will be Charged!!!!!!!!!!!". :covri:

:plus-un2: Exactly.

>>This is much ado about nothing. There's nothing here that rises to an EWE level.

What's Edwards got to do with this? That's no better than a Clinton name drop IMHO.

Btw, some states absolutely have good ethics laws with teeth in them. Louisiana is moving in on the top of ethical governments. :17:

TPS

From the article in The Advocate:
Chris Stow-Serge, a New Orleans public high schoolteacher with Democratic ties, said he had filed the complaint.

I think that sums it up. I smell union.

It's news, but it's hardly earth-shattering. This kind of stuff happens in campaigns from POTUS down to city councils. The LA GOP was so hot to get Jindal elected, it spent a wad of cash and screwed up in reporting it to the candidate. The Democrats saw an opportunity and they pounced on it. The candidate, however, gets the heat, when the party should face some repercussions, instead. Someone ought to consider sewing that up when the special session begins next month.

I don't know why the ethics commission is waiting until the summer to have a hearing. Seems like they ought to be able to do it well before then.

No one here would confuse me with a Republican-- but I like Jindal, and would have voted for him if I still lived in La. This whole thing sucks because Jindal's whole deal was 'ethics reform', and I was real excited about that... Hopefully it blows over or is thrown out.

If this is the worst we have to worry about, things are looking up...

Exactly..what an awful and maliciously misleading thread....that should get some points or something....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom