Breaking News: Mccain wins Republican nomination (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
per NBC News. On a personal note, I think despite his serious flaws, McCain is the best the right can hope for at this stage of the game. I think it will be interesting to see who wins the Democratic dogfight, its s huge race between two determined candidates. Their fighting like hell to get that nod so we will see it from their.

Just thought you guys would like to know, thanks

Not really earth-shattering, but I am surprised that Hillary just smashed Obama in Ohio, and the race in Texas is neck-and-neck. If she's takes Texas, this one could take another twist.

Not really earth-shattering, but I am surprised that Hillary just smashed Obama in Ohio, and the race in Texas is neck-and-neck. If she's takes Texas, this one could take another twist.

Dont be, I had a strong feeling it was going to happen. I also feel that many republicans crossed over and voted for Clinton. I had a few tell me so both at the polls and around town.

Plus, a lot of what Obama said during the debate didn't garner all the Obamamania with many Ohioans, including myself.

However, Ohio played true to form and had some voting shenanagans up in Sandusky, so the true vote count wont be known til tomorrow.

It will be interesting, Post. I mean people are getting their votes to matter this time around. I think thats good for the electorate and how even a minority candidate can get this far into the process and keep his own. I still think Obama should win. Hillary would not make a good choice if I was a Democratic strategist right now. I see Obama as apart of a larger movement in this country to grass roots the political system in this country. I guess if that means he is a uniter then so be it, but he has a more appealing factor to him then Mrs. Clinton does to me at least. If the Dems are smart and I hope that they have some smart people working for them, Obama is the best choice for my money. He needs to make his impact on the people maybe still left on the fence if their are any this time around.

To my knowledge Saint 77 their were not that many voting problems in your state. I did read some minor stuff happening but nothing earth shattering really.

Or did the AP make a mistake again and I read it wrong maybe?

I also feel that many republicans crossed over and voted for Clinton.

Exit polls suggest otherwise, surprisingly.

Hillary is taking this to the convention. You can feel her evening out the momentum and Michigan/Florida are her aces in the hole.

It will be interesting, Post. I mean people are getting their votes to matter this time around. I think thats good for the electorate and how even a minority candidate can get this far into the process and keep his own. I still think Obama should win. Hillary would not make a good choice if I was a Democratic strategist right now. I see Obama as apart of a larger movement in this country to grass roots the political system in this country. I guess if that means he is a uniter then so be it, but he has a more appealing factor to him then Mrs. Clinton does to me at least. If the Dems are smart and I hope that they have some smart people working for them, Obama is the best choice for my money. He needs to make his impact on the people maybe still left on the fence if their are any this time around.

I agree with you that Obama should win and is the best choice for the Democrats. At CNN.com they have a county-by-county breakdown of both Texas and Ohio and what's interesting is that Obama won all of the counties surrounding Dallas, Houston, and Austin, but it looks like Hillary has swept the rest of the state. It's anyone's race right now. This one could go late into the night.

Theres always voting problems in Ohio. going back to Gee Ws first run.

I believe Cuyahoga ran out of paper ballots in their new voting system. and in some counties the weather caused the polls to stay open til 9 up there. Also, I believe the Obama campaign filed a suit in the federal court for something. Im trying to dig up some info and a link.

To my knowledge Saint 77 their were not that many voting problems in your state. I did read some minor stuff happening but nothing earth shattering really.

Or did the AP make a mistake again and I read it wrong maybe?

Democrats Hillary Rodham Clinton and Barack Obama had to wait for results in a state crucial to their race in an already 14-month-long contest. Ohio Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner ordered counties not to release results until 9 p.m., when 21 precincts in Cuyahoga County and all of Sandusky County's polls were scheduled to close.
Brunner successfully asked courts to keep Sandusky County polling locations open past the 7:30 p.m. scheduled close of polls because the northwest Ohio county ran out of paper ballots, forcing election workers to turn away as many as 400 people.

Obama's campaign also sought to keep polls in Cuyahoga and Franklin counties open later address ballot shortages. They won their federal lawsuit for Cuyahoga, but received no extension in Franklin County, Obama spokesman Ben LaBolt said.

NBC 4's David Wayne spoke to Franklin County Board of Elections Director Denny White, who said there was one university precinct, that he knows of, that ran out of provisional ballots for about 30 minutes. Voters were instructed to stand in line and the ballots were brought in. White said there is no lawsuit that he knows of against the Franklin County Board of Elections.

According to John Gilligan, a local attorney and leader in the Obama campaign in Franklin County, the group received reports that at least 50 precincts ran out of provisional ballots and that it was a much bigger problem than the media has been led to believe.
http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2008-03-04-0036.html

Well Spam Mccain is on the ticket to choose whom ever he feels is the right guy to be his VP. Hell it could be Jindal, Bob Riley in my state of Alabama, etc etc. I think if he chooses JC Watts it would be a good choice, he would be a minority running on as a VP slot in a major party and to have that change is good for the country. My God could you imagine Jindal being a possible VP candidate? That huge for us and La. no matter what your political affilaiation is in this state. La. would have some political muscle again and gain back what we have lost in the past 20-30 years

I think one of the main things Republicans will want in McCain's choice is that he is someone "young" and upcoming in the party (which is why I believe there has been so many rumors about Jindahl). I, too, think he will have to choose someone more on the "conservative" wing of the party, but that doesn't mean he has to go get someone who's a Rush clone, either (heaven forbid).
I'd love to see him choose Alan Keys, one of the few politicians for whom I have always had the utmost respect, but it will be interesting to see what choice he makes, though for me, unless in the unlikely he chooses someone slightly to the right of Hitler, he's got my vote. I can't back either of the Dems in this election.

tenordas, imagine if Jindal did get the VP slot? La. political heritage would be back in a new better light. A La. boy getting the 2nd top spot in the country. thats big even if you are a Democrat or a Republican in this state. and La. pretty much votes Democrat if my history serves me correct

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom