Breaking News: Tough Prediction for Saints-Jags Winner but Say 5-1! (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
OK, we are 3-0 in predictions when most thought the Saints were toast in Seattle and against the Cowgirls and then many of us thought Teddy would not be able to keep up with Arians 55-points on Rams high flying offense. I am having trouble with this game against Jax. Not sure why. It's just a feeling. But when I step back and analyze, the Jags are not going to the playoffs this year. They are not well enough coached. Sean Payton is runaway coach of the year right now (maybe consider Shanahan). Talent-wise, we have the edge. Coaching we have the edge. The Jags are starting a very young QB.

I think this game comes down to team character, determination and professionalism. Gotta a feeling this game could be ugly, but our Saints are a team of destiny this year. The coaches and players are so focused on winning every game. Their confidence is through the roof and Teddy had the game he needed to get near full confidence. Our defense will make Minshew's life rough. He will get beat-up physically. However, the Jags are not going to let Teddy sit in the pocket, read his texts, surf the Net like Tampa did. Kamara and our defense will be the difference and I would not be surprised to see a defensive or Harris return TD. In a Close ugly game, we are calling the Saints record at 5-1.

I went into my Indian sweat tent, cast my Runestones, have not stepped on cracks in sidewalks this week. Here we go: 5-1!

Edit- I tried to find Drago's Dave the Lawn Guy, but he always seems to be out on yachts loaded with young babes in Brazilian bathing suits. I think Dave has real insider info!

Last edited:
I don't know Swimmer. You seem a little shaky on this one. Your nervousness is making me a little nervous. Honestly I don't have a great feeling about this one either. Can't put my finger on it.

For one, road games in the NFL are always a dicey proposition. They have a young sensation at QB. Historically we haven't fared well against young QB sensations. They might not be well coached but they have talent. Talented teams can be dangerous.

Swimmer, LGD is a busy guy with a lot going on. It doesn't surprise me that you had a hard time tracking him down.

That being said, I always respect and appreciate the inputs you (and also Coach Pete) bring to the table. I think you're right on this one. Defense and Kamara WILL be the cornerstone of this game. I expect Teddy to play it safe, probably take a couple sacks, but overall limit his turnovers. He's not going to have a career day like he did against Tampa but he doesn't always need to. Just good, safe, fundamental play is what we need from him.

I'm a huge fan of Minshew-mania right now but I do hope that the Saints put a halt to it for now!

I got this.....saints by 10. Momentum. It's a huge thing. This team feels invincible and it shows on the field. Our D line is playing next level kinda ball. I don't hang out at gyms, don't know anyone that cuts lawns, but the guy that hands me beer at the drive thru seems literate and he thinks I'm right. Good enough for me.

Swimmer, LGD is a busy guy with a lot going on. It doesn't surprise me that you had a hard time tracking him down.

That being said, I always respect and appreciate the inputs you (and also Coach Pete) bring to the table. I think you're right on this one. Defense and Kamara WILL be the cornerstone of this game. I expect Teddy to play it safe, probably take a couple sacks, but overall limit his turnovers. He's not going to have a career day like he did against Tampa but he doesn't always need to. Just good, safe, fundamental play is what we need from him.

I'm a huge fan of Minshew-mania right now but I do hope that the Saints put a halt to it for now!

Hey B-Train! Yesterday, Coach Pete tried to beat into me just how good, physically dominant, well-coached and confident our defense is. He knows that we Who Dats have had to suffer defensive team nightmares for nearly all of Brees time as a Saint. So he knows it's hard for us to really embrace just how good this defense is. He continued to try and get me to let go of past nightmares and appreciate how great this defense is. And Coach Pete said that's what really scary to opponents is that our defense is improving almost every game and he thinks this will continue.

I got this.....saints by 10. Momentum. It's a huge thing. This team feels invincible and it shows on the field. Our D line is playing next level kinda ball. I don't hang out at gyms, don't know anyone that cuts lawns, but the guy that hands me beer at the drive thru seems literate and he thinks I'm right. Good enough for me.

Awesome. LMAO. Love it^

OK, we are 3-0 in predictions when most thought the Saints were toast in Seattle and against the Cowgirls and then many of us thought Teddy would not be able to keep up with Arians 55-points on Rams high flying offense. I am having trouble with this game against Jax. Not sure why. It's just a feeling. But when I step back and analyze, the Jags are not going to the playoffs this year. They are not well enough coached. Sean Payton is runaway coach of the year right now (maybe consider Shanahan). Talent-wise, we have the edge. Coaching we have the edge. The Jags are starting a very young QB.

I think this game comes down to team character, determination and professionalism. Gotta a feeling this game could be ugly, but our Saints are a team of destiny this year. The coaches and players are so focused on winning every game. Their confidence is through the roof and Teddy had the game he needed to get near full confidence. Our defense will make Minshew's life rough. He will get beat-up physically. However, the Jags are not going to let Teddy sit in the pocket, read his texts, surf the Net like Tampa did. Kamara and our defense will be the difference and I would not be surprised to see a defensive or Harris return TD. In a Close ugly game, we are calling the Saints record at 5-1.

I went into my Indian sweat tent, cast my Runestones, have not stepped on cracks in sidewalks this week. Here we go: 5-1!

Edit- I tried to find Drago's Dave the Lawn Guy, but he always seems to be out on yachts loaded with young babes in Brazilian bathing suits. I think Dave has real insider info!
Going by team strengths. Jax has Fournette who so far has played very well. Unfortunately for him is that the Saints have the best run defense in the entire NFL.
Jax has a good defense. However the Saints have the best Oline, a receiver that truly can't be guarded, Kamara!!!, offensive genius Payton, and a newly confident and productive Teddy.
Wildcard alert! Menshew is the real deal. I admit that I'm a fan. That's what makes me nervous.
I believe the Saints have got this though.

Who's this "we" you speak of?

Watching the team warm up before the game last week, compared to the Bucs, I knew we were going to win. You can just see the structure & dedication in how they get ready. This game feels like a trap for some reason. Hopefully we don't get sleepy on the Jags.

Does anyone remember this?

Or this?

This is what I'm pretty much expecting from this next game. The Saints are kicking on all cylinders now. Kamara is ready to have a huge game. We now have film on the Jville QB & will devour him with our defense. This game will be a Saints runaway.

I have full confidence, we keep playing mistake free football, our O-Line protects Teddy B., playing strong defense as in shutting the running game down and put pressure on the QB, Latt & Apple shadow their guys and CSP keeps game planning like he has been doing, this game will be ours for the taking. I know that sounds like a lot, but it's what we've been doing and we've been winning, so why not stick with a winning formula.

Well, I'll let you that you've just angered the Mustache God and will bring forth a firey jinx against the Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom