Breaking: Stafford and the Lions Agree to Part Ways (1 Viewer)

Want me to keep going?

You can but if they are going to be Taysom haters like Bill M; don't bother.

Billy M @BillyM_91 Jan 17 "Lmao what a great play design and love that Jameis is the one who threw it. Taysom would have under thrown him"

Duce is fun to watch but was never a Taysom fan at least his bias is not overbearing. His flaw is that he expects Taysom to have the same understanding of the whole field as he does with the vantage of hindsight, overhead views, slowmo, and time to look at a play repeatedly. Every QB can be knocked with such microanalysis. Let's ask Duce to run Drew's last game or any of Jameis' 2019 losses through the same wringer and see what we get.

I love to run a little experiment. The NFL has a QB perspective camera view. I'd like to sit all the "Video Breakdown" gurus in front of a screen and start the playback in real-time as they break the huddle and blank the screen the instant the ball leaves the QB's hand. Then ask them to critique the play, Identify coverage, state who is open, and what play the QB should execute etc. Video replays make all of us into football geniuses.

He does make the correct observation that in the 4th game the playbook was much deeper. Unfortunately, he fails to acknowledge that Taysom had literally eight practices in pads with the first team before that game and probably only two that week with the expanded playbook.

Nowak is good but you widely mischaracterize his take on Taysom. From what I understand, he has a positive view of Taysom's chances.

Your last video is a joke. It ends with an appeal to get them past 1000
subscribers and offers no insight at all.

If someone's purpose is to get Taysom, in the one-sided world of Blogs, Tweets, and videos they can always fabricate a case. If your purpose is to believe Taysom is no good then I can understand why you choose to live in that echo chamber.

There is a reason trials are adversarial with a prosecutor and advocate.

Last edited:
I actually would like to see Deuce run a breakdown of Drew’s final game. He doesn’t hold any punches when it comes for his feelings about Taysom’s film review (as flawed as his ratings are), so I would love to get his breakdown of Drew’s.

You can but if they are going to be Taysom haters like Bill M; don't bother.

Billy M @BillyM_91 Jan 17 "Lmao what a great play design and love that Jameis is the one who threw it. Taysom would have under thrown him"

Duce is fun to watch but was never a Taysom fan at least his bias is not overbearing. His flaw is that he expects Taysom to have the same understanding of the whole field as he does with the vantage of hindsight, overhead views, slowmo, and time to look at a play repeatedly. Every QB can be knocked with such microanalysis. Let's ask Duce to run Drew's last game or any of Jameis' 2019 losses through the same wringer and see what we get.

I love to run a little experiment. The NFL has a QB perspective camera view. I'd like to sit all the "Video Breakdown" gurus in front of a screen and start the playback in real-time as they break the huddle and blank the screen the instant the ball leaves the QB's hand. Then ask them to critique the play, Identify coverage, state who is open, and what play the QB should execute etc. Video replays make all of us into football geniuses.

He does make the correct observation that in the 4th game the playbook was much deeper. Unfortunately, he fails to acknowledge that Taysom had literally eight practices in pads with the first team before that game and probably only two that week with the expanded playbook.

Nowak is good but you widely mischaracterize his take on Taysom. From what I understand, he has a positive view of Taysom's chances.

Your last video is a joke. It ends with an appeal to get them past 1000
subscribers and offers no insight at all.

If someone's purpose is to get Taysom, in the one-sided world of Blogs, Tweets, and videos they can always fabricate a case. If your purpose is to believe Taysom is no good then I can understand why you choose to live in that echo chamber.

There is a reason trials are adversarial with a prosecutor and advocate.

LOL. So if they’re critical of Taysom, they’re “Taysom haters” and their opinion doesn’t matter.

Im comfortable with the huge amount of video evidence showing why he’s not a viable starting QB in this league. I showed you plenty of it, as you requested. As a Saints fan, I wanted him to be a great QB. He just isn’t.

Last edited:
I actually would like to see Deuce run a breakdown of Drew’s final game. He doesn’t hold any punches when it comes for his feelings about Taysom’s film review (as flawed as his ratings are), so I would love to get his breakdown of Drew’s.

His analysis is fine and sometimes insightful but it has its flaws when it comes to grading a QB.

Duce needs to remind his subscribers that he has as long as he wants to break down a play. view it several times, take notes, watch from different angles including the overhead perspective that a QB does not have. The QB's point of view looks a lot different than the clips Duce uses in his break down.

LOL. So if they’re critical of Taysom, they’re “Taysom haters” and their opinion doesn’t matter.

Im comfortable with the huge amount of video evidence showing why he’s not a viable starting QB in this league. I showed you plenty of it, as you requested. As a Saints fan, I wanted him to be a great QB. He just isn’t.

I only applied that label to Billy_M and he is definitely a Taysom hater. His analysis comes with an agenda.

There are analysts who have no such blatant bias and many of them have liked what they saw from Taysom. Then there are the Nick Wrights who have gone so far out on the limb against Tayson that their reputation will take a hit if Taysom starts in 2021 and does well.

At the risk of repeating myself either point of view can find lots of Koolaid in their prefered flavour.

There are going to be so many teams looking for a QB this offseason, and all of them have more draft capital and cap space than the Saints.

Washington
Chicago
San Francisco
Jacksonville
Pittsburgh (likely)
Denver
Houston
NYJ
New England
Carolina (likely)
Philadelphia (possibly)
Atlanta (possibly)
Detroit (but not for Stafford)

Some of those teams (like the Jags and Jets... Falcons..) can take a QB in the top of the 1st, but the others may be looking at trade options or Free Agents. Dallas likely finds a way to keep Dak Prescott... and there are some rumors that Miami is already regretting getting Tua, and they could look to move him?

Id love Stafford in New Orleans, but it’s just not very realistic. Unfortunately it looks like they might let Winston have every opportunity to win the job. CSP probably believes he can fix Winston’s issues and realize the potential in all of his ability... but sometimes you just can’t fix being a knucklehead to the core

First - Stafford is a very good QB and tough competitor that has been stuck in a putrid situation his whole career. If he's available - we should try and get him (cap schmap), as he's better than anything we could draft or would have in house - and would make us a SB contender on day 1 paired with SP, AK41, MT13, etc.

Second - Stop cherry picking a handful of plays from this year on Taysom that show he's not perfect - then trying to morph that into "he can't play QB". It's silly. I can cherry pick all his good plays and say the opposite. All we know about Taysom at this point is... He can throw, He can run, He needs to work on ball security and He's not prefect after 4 starts (and 3 wins) in relief of Brees. Also, if Sean decides Taysom is "The man" and goes all in on him next year - That's enough for me - Sean has earned my trust at this point when it comes to QBs.

Come on fellas.

Here’s a quick take on the situation I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere before, but IMO, holds a little water...

The Saints appear to feel confident that they will be able to re-sign Jameis Winston and have him compete for the starting QB spot... The Saints have the “inside track” on Winston because he didn’t really play very much at all this past season, but they got to see him practice and progress through a season’s worth of closed practices...

Now Detroit is looking into parting ways with Matt Stafford and starting with a new QB...
Detroit’s new Head Coach and Defensive Coordinator have spent many seasons (including THIS season) with the Saints. Campbell was the assistant Head Coach and watched every practice and played an integral role on n planning and preparation....

Perhaps Campbell saw enough of Jameis Winston in practice to believe that he could be the answer at QB for his new era in Detroit? The Lions have more cap space to work with and could offer Winston more $$. They have weapons in place, and a top 10 draft choice in round 1 of the draft.

Could the Lions be the biggest wild card in the Saints’ efforts to re-sign Winston?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom