Breakout game for #25 (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Don't know why, but somehow... I believe Reggie will break out of his funk on Sunday. With a desperate Steelers team, it wouldn't surprise me if Payton uses the PASS to set up the run later on.

Both Colston and Devery are big, strong, and FAST. They will stretch the field.

Reggie will be the decoy King early on.

Mix in some medium passes to a wide open middle (to the tight end), and the linebackers will start to back off of the box.

What is this based on? :16: Beats me. But I know that he's due (sooner or later). And the psychological effect of getting that first big run will be a tremendous confidence booster for him.

I look for Reggie to start getting significant yardage in the 2nd quarter and beyond. I hope my gut feeling is right.

Geaux Saints!

Random Fan

Reaction score
I'd be happy if they just ran a few more screens with Reggie. He just doesn't seem to be able to break the line of scrimmage at this stage of his development. He's not going to overpower people like Duece -- just seems his cuts would be more effective against defensive backs as opposed to linemen.

chad_moore

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Well, if the weather report is true...I don't see much of anything happening for Bush tomorrow. With rain and wet and sloppy field, I get a sneaky suspicion his juking and jiving at the line will get him nowhere but looking up at the clouds. This is one game he is going to need to hit the designated hole and drive forward. His footwork will suffer greatly on a wet field. BUT....I really really really hope I'm wrong. He's on my fantasy league and I refuse to sit him ;)

OP
ndcc

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Well, if the weather report is true...I don't see much of anything happening for Bush tomorrow. With rain and wet and sloppy field, I get a sneaky suspicion his juking and jiving at the line will get him nowhere but looking up at the clouds.
Good point, Chad.

But here's the counterpoint on what can happen if you're in the zone (...weather, or no weather):

Sayers' record-setting performance in the MUD (link): http://www.hickoksports.com/history/hbsayers.shtml

Reggie isn't worthy to be compared with Sayers (...at least, not now). But I think the article makes my point.

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Great article. Actually I hope Reggie isn't like Gayle Sayers, I want him to have a longer successful career. But, I dunno, reading that article gave me chills. Chills! Oh, man, I LOVE this season already!

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Pittsburgh plays fast and wide on defense (but not well deep). So no, this isn't the game for Reggie to breakout. rlemieux I predicted week 6 (philly) as well :D

The defense Reggie looks most likely to abuse in the near future is Atlanta's

Dre

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
There has been one of these post's every week since week 1 (if I recall I posted one in week 6).
To think I liked you, rlemieux, when it turns out you are Cypher... I cant believe you betrayed Morpheus like that.

guidry23

Reaction score
As long as the D is keying on BUSH he will not have his breakout day, until the teams pull 8 guys out of the box when reggie comes in the game he will not tear it up.

Notice how the defense will line up different when Reggie is in the game, and when Deuce is in the game

I pray for the steelers to try and shut down the passing game, so we can see reggie run wild

CHI-TOWNSAINT

More than 15K posts served!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, if the weather report is true...I don't see much of anything happening for Bush tomorrow. With rain and wet and sloppy field, I get a sneaky suspicion his juking and jiving at the line will get him nowhere but looking up at the clouds. This is one game he is going to need to hit the designated hole and drive forward. His footwork will suffer greatly on a wet field. BUT....I really really really hope I'm wrong. He's on my fantasy league and I refuse to sit him ;)
I feel exactly the opposite. The weather will force Reggie to follow his blocks, and after he has success following his blocks this game he will see how to run from then on. I think Reggie has a big day tomorrow. BTW, his juke moves won't work well in slop, but his 360 move should work quite well!

I predict over 200 all purpose yards tomorrow and 2 TD's!

saintinole

Veteran Starter
Reaction score

maybe this will make him run straight up the field more:scratch:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus Saints’ Trey Hendrickson Is a Breakout Name to Know This Fall SR News Page Articles 3
Bill Analysis ***Official Saints @ Raiders Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 21: Injury reports and betting odds heading into Saints Monday Night Football game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Taker597 Lions may be inbound on a 12 game losing streak. *Trap Game Alert* Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Did I hear right? Mike Tirico Calling our game next week on SNF Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 16
Krodwhodat Fox Americas game of the week Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
English N/S SNF : New England at Seattle game thread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 226
[Cowboys vs. Falcons] Cowgirls just handing the game to the Falcons from the start Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 49
Saint Jack N/S Another Pick Your Poison Game: Falcons @ Cowboys Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 390
jasonsw Saints What are you looking for in the Monday Night game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 34
Dan in Lafayette Saints injury report: TE Cook says Michael Thomas will miss Monday’s game SR News Page Articles 0
No fans in Superdome for Week 3 vs. Packers, but Saints 'hopeful' to have fans for Chargers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Podcast: Saints @ Raiders Game Preview Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Kicking game quality is ace in the hole for Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas injury: Here's what Saints did on 13 snaps without star WR in Buccaneers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill N/S ***Burrow's Bengals vs Mayfield's Browns Game Thread*** Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 307
Billgluckman That little trick play at the end of the game.. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 46
gummbo70114 Rewatch Tampa versus Saints game on NFL network at 7 PM central time Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Gentilly504 Over or Under(ratings)for Saints Monday Night Game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Will we see an increased emphasis on the run game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Saints keeping it (under) 100... Everything you need to know about the defense's 44-game streak Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Dan in Lafayette Game analysis with T-Bob Hebert & Nick Underhill Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
kansast Game with New Orleans Radio broadcast Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Watching/Reading the recaps from the first game, I'm not sure the Saints were even there. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
3 Takeaways from the New Orleans Saints vs Tampa Bay Bucs game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 15: More takeaways from Saints week 1 game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints-Bucs draws high ratings for opening week game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus The Eerie Silence of an N.F.L. Stadium Makes the Game Even More for TV SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara SNF ratings for huge Cowboys/Rams game has to ring the alarm bells for the NFL Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 252
Michael Thomas suffers high-ankle injury at the end of Saints vs Bucs game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Nightshade Retired Saints FB Zach Line still dressing out for game days -- from his couch Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
superchuck500 Morstead turns in another brilliant game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Andrus Saints defense & special teams keep offense in the game to beat Bucs 34–23 SR News Page Articles 0
CowtownSaint This is Still a Game of Emotion Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Saint Kamara The pre-2017 Drew Brees has a 3 interception game on days like today Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Big opening win still isn’t what a Saints game in the Dome is supposed to be Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Super44 Trey Hendrickson; outstanding game. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 37
Andrus Saints stand for National Anthem during first home game SR News Page Articles 0
Good thing we play our next game on a Monday Night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Payton: “That was as bad of a game as I’ve had as a playcaller.” Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 102
Saint Kamara And that's what the first preseason game looks like Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Saints 17 Buccaneers 7: 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
N/S 4th and inches, game on the line... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Saints vs Buccaneers game inactives Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Krodwhodat What game are you looking forward to today other than the Saints? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Bill Analysis ***Official Buccaneers @ Saints Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2165
Dan in Lafayette Tailgate Official Saints vs. Bucs Pre-Game Thread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 128
Need help watching game! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 31
woohoosaint Predict the outcome of the Saints vs Bucs game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
woohoosaint Anybody else getting the night before the opening game jitters?! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15