Breakout game for #25 (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
Don't know why, but somehow... I believe Reggie will break out of his funk on Sunday. With a desperate Steelers team, it wouldn't surprise me if Payton uses the PASS to set up the run later on.

Both Colston and Devery are big, strong, and FAST. They will stretch the field.

Reggie will be the decoy King early on.

Mix in some medium passes to a wide open middle (to the tight end), and the linebackers will start to back off of the box.

What is this based on? :16: Beats me. But I know that he's due (sooner or later). And the psychological effect of getting that first big run will be a tremendous confidence booster for him.

I look for Reggie to start getting significant yardage in the 2nd quarter and beyond. I hope my gut feeling is right.

Geaux Saints!

I hope you're right.

I'd be happy if they just ran a few more screens with Reggie. He just doesn't seem to be able to break the line of scrimmage at this stage of his development. He's not going to overpower people like Duece -- just seems his cuts would be more effective against defensive backs as opposed to linemen.

Well, if the weather report is true...I don't see much of anything happening for Bush tomorrow. With rain and wet and sloppy field, I get a sneaky suspicion his juking and jiving at the line will get him nowhere but looking up at the clouds. This is one game he is going to need to hit the designated hole and drive forward. His footwork will suffer greatly on a wet field. BUT....I really really really hope I'm wrong. He's on my fantasy league and I refuse to sit him ;)

we need to lend reggie to the broncos in the offseason and have shanahan teach him how to make 1 cut and go lol.......

Well, if the weather report is true...I don't see much of anything happening for Bush tomorrow. With rain and wet and sloppy field, I get a sneaky suspicion his juking and jiving at the line will get him nowhere but looking up at the clouds.

Good point, Chad.

But here's the counterpoint on what can happen if you're in the zone (...weather, or no weather):

Sayers' record-setting performance in the MUD (link): http://www.hickoksports.com/history/hbsayers.shtml

Reggie isn't worthy to be compared with Sayers (...at least, not now). But I think the article makes my point.

Great article. Actually I hope Reggie isn't like Gayle Sayers, I want him to have a longer successful career. But, I dunno, reading that article gave me chills. Chills! Oh, man, I LOVE this season already!

There has been one of these post's every week since week 1 (if I recall I posted one in week 6).

Pittsburgh plays fast and wide on defense (but not well deep). So no, this isn't the game for Reggie to breakout. rlemieux I predicted week 6 (philly) as well :D

The defense Reggie looks most likely to abuse in the near future is Atlanta's

There has been one of these post's every week since week 1 (if I recall I posted one in week 6).

To think I liked you, rlemieux, when it turns out you are Cypher... I cant believe you betrayed Morpheus like that.

As long as the D is keying on BUSH he will not have his breakout day, until the teams pull 8 guys out of the box when reggie comes in the game he will not tear it up.

Notice how the defense will line up different when Reggie is in the game, and when Deuce is in the game

I pray for the steelers to try and shut down the passing game, so we can see reggie run wild

Well, if the weather report is true...I don't see much of anything happening for Bush tomorrow. With rain and wet and sloppy field, I get a sneaky suspicion his juking and jiving at the line will get him nowhere but looking up at the clouds. This is one game he is going to need to hit the designated hole and drive forward. His footwork will suffer greatly on a wet field. BUT....I really really really hope I'm wrong. He's on my fantasy league and I refuse to sit him ;)

I feel exactly the opposite. The weather will force Reggie to follow his blocks, and after he has success following his blocks this game he will see how to run from then on. I think Reggie has a big day tomorrow. BTW, his juke moves won't work well in slop, but his 360 move should work quite well!

I predict over 200 all purpose yards tomorrow and 2 TD's!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom