breast cancer advice please (1 Viewer)

i haven’t read the posts in this thread, but having been in a kinda similar situation, i feel your pains and concern. everything about cancer sucks ***.

as a husband, you only need to be there for every will. don’t question, just do. you are the person she does not want to keep telling how she will get better, how you are sorry for etc. she will get that from everyone else. you just need to comfort and listen to when she needs to get something of her mind, no matter how crazy.

i wish her and you the best. unfortunately, you will both suffer during this time, just be strong and there for her when she needs it. thankfully breast cancer has a much higher survival rate than most cancers. keep that in mind going through it. i can’t guarantee her health, but the belief is more than half the battle.

lumpectomy tomorrow afternoon----here we go!

You got this Dan... and I know you'll be there for her...

If and when you want to free your mind for a minute... If you ever need to. Just let me know and I got some really cool Jeep stuff ya haven;t seen... It's beyond cool... I been waiting to share it with ya...

she kicked step one's arse---she was eating homemade mac n cheese within two hours of waking up and smuggled her in a pinch of merlot to celebrate. the nurse winked her approval.

home tomorrow, chemo meeting in two weeks.

she kicked step one's arse---she was eating homemade mac n cheese within two hours of waking up and smuggled her in a pinch of merlot to celebrate. the nurse winked her approval.

that is awesome. huge step forward.

:9:

we found this on the flagpole last night when i brought her home from the hospital. no one's fessed up yet

Attachments

• cure dat.jpg
    cure dat.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 221
round-2.jpg

port is in-----first of 4 chemo appointments tomorrow morning , three weeks apart.

ready--------- break!

Things like that can make your wife feel much better about her situation so whoever did it was on the right track.

I recall our first trip back to NOLA after my wife's treatments was for a football game and the first thing we saw when we pulled into the courtyard of our hotel was a giant pink bra. It made both of our days.5193707_G.jpg

they found a small lump in my playground. my lovely wife of over 20 years had a biopsy a few weeks ago and the results (given to her on her 47th birthday) say its cancerous. our meeting with the team of doctors is the 22nd.

boy do we have questions. breast cancer.com has been a help, but i need more sources.

our immediate issues are:
depression
trusting our kids to help when i'm working
she has a very low pain tolerance
i don't listen very well
she has appearance anxiety post-mastectomy

if you know me you'll certainly know i'm not looking for thoughts or prayers or even bitcoin donations---i'm just looking for a more 'down to earth' perspective of what any of you may have experienced and what to do to ride this out.

peace.

start looking for a counselor now. i'm not saying things are bad with her or anyone, i'm just saying she has a year of treatment ahead of her, and it will impact not only her, but you and everyone in your family. It doesn't matter how strong you guys are or how much or how little tolerance either of you have, your going to have challenges, emotions, anxiety, milestones and setbacks. It will benefit both of you to start the process of treating you relationship and emotional state while you she is being treated medically.

You don't have to wait until its bad to start. that's my advice.

they found a small lump in my playground. my lovely wife of over 20 years had a biopsy a few weeks ago and the results (given to her on her 47th birthday) say its cancerous. our meeting with the team of doctors is the 22nd.

boy do we have questions. breast cancer.com has been a help, but i need more sources.

our immediate issues are:
depression
trusting our kids to help when i'm working
she has a very low pain tolerance
i don't listen very well
she has appearance anxiety post-mastectomy

if you know me you'll certainly know i'm not looking for thoughts or prayers or even bitcoin donations---i'm just looking for a more 'down to earth' perspective of what any of you may have experienced and what to do to ride this out.

peace.

My mom had breast cancer and is in full remission thank God. As far as her parents if she ops for reconstruction they do an amazing job my mom did and it turned out very good in terms of how she views herself. As it relates to the pain they’ll be some pain involved with the surgery afterwards and she’ll have to take pretty strong pain medication I’m the one she heals from the surgery that there’s not any pain. The chemo therapy will probably be the challenging part in terms of her not feeling well after words but as she goes through the chemo and other treatments are body will adjust and she’ll be a little bit better as time goes bye

My mom had breast cancer and is in full remission thank God. As far as her parents if she ops for reconstruction they do an amazing job my mom did and it turned out very good in terms of how she views herself. As it relates to the pain they’ll be some pain involved with the surgery afterwards and she’ll have to take pretty strong pain medication I’m the one she heals from the surgery that there’s not any pain. The chemo therapy will probably be the challenging part in terms of her not feeling well after words but as she goes through the chemo and other treatments are body will adjust and she’ll be a little bit better as time goes bye

Same here Dan, my mother who is in her late 60's is a breast cancer survivor , The first few months are the hardest , but she never gave up and is now cancer free.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom