Breaux AND Moore Return to Practice (1 Viewer)

Has there been any journalist corroboration that he suffered an actual re-injury, as opposed to cramping up or something else? Taking a day off today from practice given his recent injury history and how we've handled other rehabbing vets doesn't prove he's actually hurt again.
Not that I've seen. It was just the way he reacted when he went out of bounds. Could have been cramps. Let's hope that's all it was. A midol and we're good to go :hihi:

We gave him $5M for 2 years should have dropped the missing million on #Bionics.

th

Why havent they put Ellerbe on IR already? .... He gets injured, misses 3-4 weeks, comes back for a quarter and then gets injured again .... his production is worthless for us ...

SP doesn't miss much. I'm sure this has been discussed many times before but he puts on the tape and this is the difference...When Ellerbe plays we are a better defense. I know he's not on the field much but when he is we are better off. I'm sure there is a line but we apparently haven't gotten there yet.

Can we put your Ellerbe bashing on IR?

He clearly makes a significant impact on the defence when he plays, which suggests the coaches will take whatever production they can get from him in preference to adding another bottom of the roster role player.

..in his defense..at least his Ellerbe bashing never misses an opportunity. :hihi:

Can we put your Ellerbe bashing on IR?

He clearly makes a significant impact on the defence when he plays, which suggests the coaches will take whatever production they can get from him in preference to adding another bottom of the roster role player.

I get that...

when he plays

But this is where the trouble starts. Simple fact...he doesn't play. Well, not much anyway.

I get that there isn't anyone on the street that can bring his talent to the roster. I get that anyone we did bring in would be a bottom-half of the roster type -- however, any production -- even if it's just a few special teams plays, is better than what we are getting from Ellerbe at the moment. His roster spot has contributed noting in the first 6 games and a very, very limited amount in last weeks game.

Look, I want Ellerbe in the mix. He's talented and has amazing potential to make our defense better overall.

when he plays

And he hasn't played two full quarters in 2016 -- so what we have is all legend and potential. And that doesn't help a team that is woefully thin on defense and special teams.

I'm confused... didn't Ellerbe just have a solid first game against the Seahawks?

I saw him on the field for the vast majority of plays and he made several tackles.

And we won... what's our record with and without him again?

2-4 without him this season and 1-0 with...

last season we were 4-2 with him and 3-7 without.

So that's 5-2 vs. 5-11.

I think Ellerbe got injured stretching on the sidelines before the second half.

Be still my heart.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Does the team no good if he can't on the field. It's like owning a Ferrari that doesn't run.

QUOTE=MatthewV;6586249]The obvious answer is that the team considers Ellerbe -- with some reason -- as one of only four real difference makers we have on defense, along with Jordan, Breaux, and probably Fairley at this point. If any of those guys were facing these lingering issues, they'd be humored as well.[/QUOTE]

Cornerbacks Delvin Breaux and Sterling Moore both participated in the portion of practice open to the media on Wednesday.

QfKXx9R.gif

Left tackle Terron Armstead, safety Kenny Vaccaro and linebackers James Laurinaitis and Dannell Ellerbe were all not present for the portion of practice open to the media.

wqMWK7z.gif

Has there been any journalist corroboration that he suffered an actual re-injury, as opposed to cramping up or something else? Taking a day off today from practice given his recent injury history and how we've handled other rehabbing vets doesn't prove he's actually hurt again.

No, there hasn't. I even directly asked Underhill about it yesterday on Twitter and he said he hadnt heard about an injury

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/BreauxShow24">@BreauxShow24</a> says he &quot;feels 115%&quot; but knows it&#39;s the coaches&#39; decision on when he will play <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Saints?src=hash">#Saints</a> <a href="https://t.co/1Umhsc1gKY">pic.twitter.com/1Umhsc1gKY</a></p>&mdash; New Orleans Saints (@Saints) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saints/status/793908526368182272">November 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How do people still not understand that a Wednesday practice report really means nothing?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom