Breaux AND Moore Return to Practice (1 Viewer)

If we have a full complement of defensive backs -- Breaux, Moore, Webb, and Crawley -- this team's chances to make a real run have just greatly increased.

It's crazy how this is now considered a very positive statement. Imagine making this statement at the start of training camp. Most responses would have been: "Who?" or "WhatchoutalkinboutWillis?"

Just watched the week 14 game against the bucs (DVR) from last year. Breaux, Wilson, and Swann were shutting down the air attack. Byrd had 2 touchdown saving tackles, and was flying around. Ellerbe was pressuring the QB, making plays fifteen yards downfield, and sideline to sideline. Really put in to focus how injuries have hijacked our season. The bucs first of two tds came by back to back personal fouls by Wilson and PI by Browner. With our talent back on D, and less yellow laundry, we are a solid 5-2 at this point. No real reason we can't win 5 of our next 6 or so. If Ellerbe plays, GREAT. If not, we still have talent coming back to help. No time now for the negativity..

BTW on offense, Ingram was out and Hightower was more than effective. Snead was unstoppable, and Colston had # 70,71. Even Coleman was balling.

[quote name="Maik Jeaunz" post=6586279]I'm calling it, Breaux gets a pick 6 this week.[/QUOTE]

Pick 6 & Saints is in the same line as Failcons & SB wins..

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Very good to hear, I've been following Breaux's recovery closely and seeing him on the treadmill ~ a month after the break was literally jaw-dropping. The man is a beast in every football-esque sense of the word.

:worthy:

Getting him and Moore back will be a sight for sore eyes (though, not as sore this week)

He can make a difference only when he is actually playing on the field ..... he missed the first 6 games and then got injured again in the seahawks game .... if just his words in the locker room are doing some good to the younger players then place him on IR and let him be on the sidelines on gamedays ... why waste a roster spot??

I get that...

But this is where the trouble starts. Simple fact...he doesn't play. Well, not much anyway.

I get that there isn't anyone on the street that can bring his talent to the roster. I get that anyone we did bring in would be a bottom-half of the roster type -- however, any production -- even if it's just a few special teams plays, is better than what we are getting from Ellerbe at the moment. His roster spot has contributed noting in the first 6 games and a very, very limited amount in last weeks game.

Look, I want Ellerbe in the mix. He's talented and has amazing potential to make our defense better overall.

And he hasn't played two full quarters in 2016 -- so what we have is all legend and potential. And that doesn't help a team that is woefully thin on defense and special teams.

At this point in the season, who can they sign to the active roster that won't be on the inactive list every week? I think that's what you're both overlooking. The Saints can IR him, but who can they sign that is going to bump a current player off of the game day active list.

:cry:

I hate being 40 man; the emotion of it all.

:hihi:

Wait till you start watching chick flicks with your wife or kids movies with your grand kids and they tug at your heart strings........:scratch:

Just for the record.............I'll reserve any comment on Ellerbe while waiting to see if he plays this week.

It's crazy how this is now considered a very positive statement. Imagine making this statement at the start of training camp. Most responses would have been: "Who?" or "WhatchoutalkinboutWillis?"

After years of bad free agent signings (Bailey, Browner), bad luck with draft picks (Swann and Williams injuries, toss in Baptiste being a no-hoper), and
marginal replacement DBs proving ineffective (Corey White, Marcus Ball, Terence Frederick, Brian Dixon, Pierre Warren), it's pretty awesome that we randomly hit on three serviceable DBs -- two street free agents during the season and a totally unheralded undrafted rookie.

I hope the Saints re-sign Moore and Webb during the season for another year and secure next year's depth.

After years of bad free agent signings (Bailey, Browner), bad luck with draft picks (Swann and Williams injuries, toss in Baptiste being a no-hoper), and
marginal replacement DBs proving ineffective (Corey White, Marcus Ball, Terence Frederick, Brian Dixon, Pierre Warren), it's pretty awesome that we randomly hit on three serviceable DBs -- two street free agents during the season and a totally unheralded undrafted rookie.

I hope the Saints re-sign Moore and Webb during the season for another year and secure next year's depth.

Agreed.

If we have a full complement of defensive backs -- Breaux, Moore, Webb, and Crawley -- this team's chances to make a real run have just greatly increased.

Four Saints not present at open portion of practice, cornerbacks return | Saints | theadvocate.com

ab709e0a6410c5cedf8b59dc1f7fcedf3b9faf43f040004186aae8204023f752.jpg

I see people keep referencing us letting west bank go, while still holding on to ellerbe on the roster.
that was because of how west bank not wanting to cooperate with coaches on when he was able to return. coaches seem to be proven right on his case as well, when he couldnt' pass physical to join another team shortly after season started.
its not hypocrisy or apples vs apples when you refer to him being let go but yet keeping ellerbe.
ellerbe is totally cooperating and isn't badmouthing, being a team player.. unlike KLewis. I really liked having keenan back there, but his time is up.

I see people keep referencing us letting west bank go, while still holding on to ellerbe on the roster.
that was because of how west bank not wanting to cooperate with coaches on when he was able to return. coaches seem to be proven right on his case as well, when he couldnt' pass physical to join another team shortly after season started.
its not hypocrisy or apples vs apples when you refer to him being let go but yet keeping ellerbe.
ellerbe is totally cooperating and isn't badmouthing, being a team player.. unlike KLewis. I really liked having keenan back there, but his time is up.

Just to add - Keenan had another surgery after he left.

No, there hasn't. I even directly asked Underhill about it yesterday on Twitter and he said he hadnt heard about an injury

you really think Coach will speak about an injury?

No facts please, Ellerbe bashing in progress.

elissaspitting.gif

All in perspective.

Why havent they put Ellerbe on IR already? .... He gets injured, misses 3-4 weeks, comes back for a quarter and then gets injured again .... his production is worthless for us ...

maybe they are waiting to see if they can make a run and possibly have him as healthy as possible for a playoff push. can't do that if he is on IR. But who knows.

The chance for his defense to be good lies in Ellerbe. He is an impact player, something we sorely lack.

Kenny Vaccaro posted on instagram that Breaux is back so I take it that he is activated?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom