Breaux AND Moore Return to Practice (1 Viewer)

Great news and it's obvious that Ellerbe is enjoying himself on a beach somewhere while giving Payton and Loomis a ninety percent kickback of his salary on the down low....

The obvious answer is that the team considers Ellerbe -- with some reason -- as one of only four real difference makers we have on defense, along with Jordan, Breaux, and probably Fairley at this point. If any of those guys were facing these lingering issues, they'd be humored as well.

He can make a difference only when he is actually playing on the field ..... he missed the first 6 games and then got injured again in the seahawks game .... if just his words in the locker room are doing some good to the younger players then place him on IR and let him be on the sidelines on gamedays ... why waste a roster spot??

You've got to take the sunk cost bias in to account on any feelings you have about Ellerbee. Just because you are upset about his missing time doesn't mean that any potential upside he has if he plays again won't be higher then any associated bottom of the roster move.

I agree. This is just so perplexing to me.

He is obviously not fit to play. Missed 8 weeks with a quad -- came back, seemingly injured again. At what point do you close the book on Ellerbe's 2016 season and free up a roster space.

I'm seriously asking...is their any benefit to keeping him on the active roster? Is there a point when he'll ever legitimately be healthy this season?

When a team is that patient with a player it usually correlates with his talent/play.

He had 1/3 the snaps of Stupar and had 1 less tackle. Granted Stuparbhad an amazing INT but he nearly surpassed him in far less snaps. Shows how he finds the ball. The immediate hit on Graham over the middle, the snuff of the RB headed to the sidelines are all plays only he makes. Stupar/Anthony are usually left to push the RB out of bounds in coverage of those routes. Ellerbe has them wrapped b4 getting the corner.

The guy is really good when he's on the field. Says a lot about the WLB position in this scheme. It's really important and no surprise right we wanted Jaylon Smith and Myle Jack in this past draft and that was with Ellerbe/Stupar already on the team. Even wanted Sua Cravens too...and he was projected.

So if we wanted those guys with Ellerbe then and didn't get one and all we are left with is Ellerbe we'll he's an important guy right now and you can tell.

I'm confused... didn't Ellerbe just have a solid first game against the Seahawks?

I saw him on the field for the vast majority of plays and he made several tackles.

And we won... what's our record with and without him again?

2-4 without him this season and 1-0 with...

last season we were 4-2 with him and 3-7 without.

So that's 5-2 vs. 5-11.

I'm confused... didn't Ellerbe just have a solid first game against the Seahawks?

I saw him on the field for the vast majority of plays and he made several tackles.

So that's 5-2 vs. 5-11.

I think he only played into the second quarter. Apparently he pulled up lame at some point and didn't return to action.

So if we wanted those guys with Ellerbe then and didn't get one and all we are left with is Ellerbe we'll he's an important guy right now and you can tell.
We gave him $5M for 2 years should have dropped the missing million on #Bionics.

So that's 5-2 vs. 5-11.
With 12:22 left in third qtr, he chased Posise out of bounds, and he re-injured himself.

With 12:22 left in third qtr, he chased Posise out of bounds, and he re-injured himself.

Has there been any journalist corroboration that he suffered an actual re-injury, as opposed to cramping up or something else? Taking a day off today from practice given his recent injury history and how we've handled other rehabbing vets doesn't prove he's actually hurt again.

Breaux has been working out at full speed. Just a matter of getting in the pads with some practices under his belt.

Why havent they put Ellerbe on IR already? .... He gets injured, misses 3-4 weeks, comes back for a quarter and then gets injured again .... his production is worthless for us ...

Can we put your Ellerbe bashing on IR?

He clearly makes a significant impact on the defence when he plays, which suggests the coaches will take whatever production they can get from him in preference to adding another bottom of the roster role player.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom