Breaux broke his leg on ST [OLD THREAD BUMPED] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blessedog

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Per Underhill. I've never been one to criticize coaching but I don't think you put your #1 corner on ST. Do other teams do this? I know Patrick Peterson used to but I don't know of any team that does this. As thin as we were at CB to start the season I can't see why he would be there.

I've seen Richard Sherman make tackles on ST. I agree though, as thin as the position is he had no business being out there.

Deion Sanders use to but I wouldn't risk it unless you are a playmaker on special teams like he was.

I remember Reggie tore something (I think twice in two years) on special teams. I think it is boneheaded to put essential players out there like that

Can this be the final straw for McMahon? Please?

Ultimately if someone was to be held accountable it would without question be Sean Payton. That would be his call. Freak accident, and very unfortunate. As you guys stated, it's a head scratcher why he would be on ST when we are super thin at that position.

There are not enough players on the active roster to not have starters playing special teams. Injuries happen. It is a physical sport. To try to cast blame on anything but crappy luck is nothing more than looking for somethings no tangable to blame. **** happens. This time it happen to Breaux.

There are not enough players on the active roster to not have starters playing special teams. Injuries happen. It is a physical sport. To try to cast blame on anything but crappy luck is nothing more than looking for somethings no tangable to blame. **** happens. This time it happen to Breaux.

Very bad decision to have him on special teams, no debating that. However, it was bad luck no doubt

It's fair question. Special teams players get injured more often, and they knew how important it would be to keep Breaux healthy. Maybe they have learned a lesson here and Breaux won't be on special teams duty when he returns.

Agree but I feel like if you're thin at a position in the first place you don't put your blue chip player out there any more than you have to. Like if we were to lose a couple RBs on the roster to injury I'd try to find a position we were healthier at and use them more on ST to try to prevent another injury if I could. Clearly I'm not an NFL coach though.

/thread

After this incident I wonder if they plan on continuing to play Beaux on special teams

With Breaux injury history and having a broken neck... He really shouldn't be risked by being on ST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom