Breaux feeling good as he comes back from injury (1 Viewer)

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
It's amazing that the Saints can still be competitive, having lost their top five (5) cornerbacks this season!

“I’m feeling pretty good. The training staff’s saying I’m progressing really well. So we’ll be out there soon.”

Not only did Breaux establish himself as the team’s No. 1 cornerback last year while playing at nearly a Pro Bowl level, but the depth at that position has been devastated by injuries all year long.

By the end of Week 2, the Saints had lost their top five cornerbacks from the start of summer workouts to long-term injuries (of that group of Breaux, Keenan Lewis, P.J. Williams, Damian Swann and Kyle Wilson, only Breaux can return this season).

New Orleans Saints CB Delvin Breaux feels good after workout - New Orleans Saints Blog- ESPN

https://sports.yahoo.com/m/dc4279b1-245b-378d-956f-1a689ef08685/delvin-breaux-makes-progress.html

:gosaints:

How many injuries we have so far to our starters this year?

It's amazing that the Saints can still be competitive, having lost their top five (5) cornerbacks this season!

It really is. I credit the coaches. We give up a ton on defense but we have been competitive in every game but the Falcons.

I know this doesn't help this year but I'm thinking the next few years we should b set at CB with all the playing time these young CB;s are getting this year. They should only be getting better.

It will be great to have at least Breaux and Sterling Moore playing together. Moore is a keeper....

If and when it happens, I will actually be elated to see a Breaux/Moore tandem out there. Put that with Bell/Vaccaro, and I think we'll at least be competitive on the back end.

I know this doesn't help this year but I'm thinking the next few years we should b set at CB with all the playing time these young CB;s are getting this year. They should only be getting better.

The back end, as laughable as it may sound right now, is actually in a fantastic spot for the next few years.

Breaux, Williams, Swann, Crawley, Moore, Bell, Vaccaro. All are young, cheap, and talented. There are a few injury concerns in there, but that is life in the NFL.

The secondary is no longer the long-term concern on this team. It may not be the embarrassment of riches that the team has at WR, but it is a very stable position group.

The back end, as laughable as it may sound right now, is actually in a fantastic spot for the next few years.

Breaux, Williams, Swann, Crawley, Moore, Bell, Vaccaro. All are young, cheap, and talented. There are a few injury concerns in there, but that is life in the NFL.

The secondary is no longer the long-term concern on this team. It may not be the embarrassment of riches that the team has at WR, but it is a very stable position group.

I'm not 100% sold on anyone but Breaux. I guess Vaccaro is a good player but I don't think OCs probably gameplan for him. The rest are unknowns. That being said, the biggest problem on this team is not the secondary. No secondary will look good if you can't pressure the QB.

I think we trade for a CB next offseason ...

Why? We have good ones already, they are just hurt. Breaux and Williams should be good on the outside and now we have solid depth. These guys are doing at least a somewhat decent job in impossible positions. They should be great as depth pieces.

Cornerback play has been phenomenal considering the circumstances

Do you think all of our injuries in the secondary are contributed to poor play by the front 7? The secondary players are having to make more tackles that normally should be taken care of by the LB's causing them to get hurt. It just seems we have way more than the average amount of injuries in the secondary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom