Breeder's Cup (1 Viewer)

Madmarsha

Feral housewife
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Tom's D'Etat running today.

Just watched the first race and my secret weapon at picking the winner of a race didn't pan out. I watch for which horse poops and that's who I pick. Don't you feel better and like running a race afterwards? Well, that theory works sometimes but it's not foolproof. Anyway, go Tom!

A 73-1 just won the Fanduel Mile.

Last edited:
Well, Tom didn't win but at 7 years old, he goes out to stud tomorrow. Bob Baffert has had some notoriety this year; but as a trainer, he is Authentic.

Breeders Cup races are the best. I use to be a fanatic horse player back in the day. Still very casual player, but not a fanatic. There is too much exposure to it now and is the toughest gambling there is. As a matter of fact, back during the very first years of the BC, my family had connections to Wild Again folks when he upset Gate Dancer and Slew O’ Gold, in the 1st BC classic. Our 1st big hit was when we had a scoop on Wild Again when he was entered in the New Orleans Handicap in ‘84. and made a bucket full of money. Then again when WIld Again pulled off one of the greatest upsets in BC Classic history. Those were the days. He had a lot of problems early on in his racing career as a 2yo. and 3yo., but got right for a brief time in his 4yo. campaign. We just got lucky on the few times he went off at a major price, in his best year.

Breeders Cup races are the best. I use to be a fanatic horse player back in the day. Still very casual player, but not a fanatic. There is too much exposure to it now and is the toughest gambling there is. As a matter of fact, back during the very first years of the BC, my family had connections to Wild Again folks when he upset Gate Dancer and Slew O’ Gold, in the 1st BC classic. Our 1st big hit was when we had a scoop on Wild Again when he was entered in the New Orleans Handicap in ‘84. and made a bucket full of money. Then again when WIld Again pulled off one of the greatest upsets in BC Classic history. Those were the days. He had a lot of problems early on in his racing career as a 2yo. and 3yo., but got right for a brief time in his 4yo. campaign. We just got lucky on the few times he went off at a major price, in his best year.
My husband always used to say he wanted to buy racehorses, you know, if he ever won the lottery because of my love of horses. I was like no way. It's a business and not for the faint of heart. It would break my heart over and over. I don't really care about the betting, but I did think it was an interesting story the horse that won at 73-1 because he was only in because of a scratch and wasn't even supposed to be running!

Last edited:
Breeder's Cup vs Stanley Cup.

1604856983284.png 1604857023676.png

The Breeder's Cup has no resemblance of a cup, it looks more like a horse. They might need a new consultant on making a trophy for the race, either that or name the trophy, The Breeder's Horse.

Next time I see a cup, I will call it a horse, and see what happens. Maybe words don't matter any more?!?!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom