Brees’s consecutive TD streak (1 Viewer)

I was literally thinking about this last week. Brees record is an insane one and a whole lot of stability and things have to go right for multiple seasons to even challenge it. We were absolutely spoiled by Saints offense for over a decade.

I have never seen a team pass so many times from the 2 yard line than I have watching whatever team Tom Brady is playing for.
Chiefs are notorious for this as well. They basically created the touchpass jet sweep from the 2 to pad Mahomes TD numbers.

But agreed - they want Brady passing inside the 5.

Was thinking about Drew’s TD record and it reminds me of how in 2008, that NFL Network show “Top 10” had an episode about NFL records that will never be broken and the Unitas TD record was number 2 on the list.

4 years later Drew breaks it and now I don’t think it’s considered by many pundits as a meaningful record. At least, you don’t hear much about it - unlike when Unitas held the mark.

Not going to lie, Brees was smart to hang up his cleats in the offseason right before they added an extra game to the schedule. Now a lot of his stats will have that (16 game season record) asterisk next to them while Brady (and whoever comes after him) is going to need to use 17 game seasons to break what's still standing and reachable.

Not going to lie, Brees was smart to hang up his cleats in the offseason right before they added an extra game to the schedule. Now a lot of his stats will have that (16 game season record) asterisk next to them while Brady (and whoever comes after him) is going to need to use 17 game seasons to break what's still standing and reachable.
Brady also needs a bunch of hof caliber wrs to keep going

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom