Saints Brees #16?!?!? (1 Viewer)

Moments before Chris Simms makes any QB ranking list...

screen_shot_2018-08-13_at_6.36.18_am_p3331114.jpg

There are people on this forum who acted like we'd be better off with Bridgewater or Hill as starting quarterback in 2020...... So I would label those kinds of remarks as being far less intelligent than this one....... which, let's be very clear, was very unintelligent in and of itself.

Yea he literally just said a week or so ago that MT was overrated because he had Brees throwing him the ball

Simms is usually fair to the Saints in general, but he does not like Drew Brees. Simms likes QBs who throw the long ball. He's impressed by that, counts that as what makes a great QB. So with that, he absolutely worships Aaron Rodgers. Simms says that Drew should have had more Super Bowl wins and should have had been the NFL MVP at least once. Florio explains that Drew suffered through bad Defenses. Simms shrugs it off. But when asked why Rodgers has not won more Super Bowls, Simms said he had bad Defenses. He's not even-handed with his criticism.

I don't think Drew is what he used to be in terms of skill and arm strength, and his stats bear that as does watching old highlights from the 2009-2013 seasons. I like to refer to him these days as a very elite game manager that can show flashes of his former greatness every once in awhile; his game is more predicated on efficiency than ever before, and his TD to INT ratios as of late are representative of that.

However, with that being said, to rank him #16 is absolutely ludicrous. There is no way you can tell me that there are 15 better quarterbacks in the NFL than Drew Brees. No freaking way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom