Brees #2 in DPAR, Vick #32 (Football Outsiders) (1 Viewer)

amadeov

Reaction score
Here are some nice statistics for you. From Football Outsiders - QB Stats:

NAME AND RANKINGS:

Manning - DPAR: 1 DVOA: 1
Brees - DPAR: 2 DVOA: 5
Palmer - DPAR: 4 DVOA: 7
McNabb - DPAR: 6 DVOA: 6
Brady - DPAR: 9 DVOA: 11
Kitna - DPAR: 11 DVOA: 13
Roethlisberger - DPAR: 17 DVOA: 15
Delhomme - DPAR: 15 DVOA: 19
Grossman - DPAR: 16 DVOA: 17
Pennington - DPAR: 18 DVOA: 15
McNair - DPAR: 19 DVOA: 21
A. Smith - DPAR: 20 DVOA: 20
Plummer - DPAR: 22 DVOA: 23
Vick - DPAR: 32 DVOA: 30

DEFINITIONS:

Quarterbacks are ranked according to DPAR, or Defense-adjusted Points Above Replacement. This number represents the total number of points scored due to plays where this QB passed or carried the ball, compared to a replacement-level QB in the same game situations.

The other statistic given is DVOA, or Defense-adjusted Value Over Average. This number represents value, per play, over an average QB in the same game situations. The more positive the DVOA rating, the better the player's performance.

The simple version: DPAR means a quarterback with more total value. DVOA means a quarterback with more value per play.

I was going to make the comment that they don't take Vicks running abilities into consideration. Then I realized the 'passed or carried' emphasis. Its unbelievable that he is last even when you include his carries. How bad would he be if it was based on passing alone?

I was going to make the comment that they don't take Vicks running abilities into consideration. Then I realized the 'passed or carried' emphasis. Its unbelievable that he is last even when you include his carries. How bad would he be if it was based on passing alone?

I originally posted this on a Falcons board to try to give them a little perspective. =)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom