Brees and Saints resume contract talks (1 Viewer)

4 years @ $100 million for Brees is a steal with 1/2 guaranteed. The past ten years have been the best years the Saints have ever had and Brees is largely responsible for that. He deserves to get paid. I would rather have $25 million in dead money going to Brees than any other player we have. Don't we have $35 million in dead money right now? Who's that going to? Did they bring us a Super Bowl?

Also have to consider his current cap hit is off the books next season so only increase is difference between this season and 25 mil

The money is great for us it's all about language at this point I'd imagine

pay-up-sucker.jpg

Personally, I don't feel like you can pay someone $25 million a year when they will be over 40 for part of the contract. Especially not when we need that money so many other places. QB is important, but we aren't exactly contending right now.

Saints have to draw the line somewhere, hopefully it's around 20 million per year.

Personally, I don't feel like you can pay someone $25 million a year when they will be over 40 for part of the contract. Especially not when we need that money so many other places. QB is important, but we aren't exactly contending right now.

Saints have to draw the line somewhere, hopefully it's around 20 million per year.

You say we arent competing right now, yet we havent played a game yet. If we win the super bowl would he be worth it? Can you imagine what our 7-9 season would look like without Drew??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the Saints had the next Aaron Ridgers sitting the bench then yeah, you trade him or let him walk. Since at best they have the next Steve Walsh you've got to pay him and try to find your future guy in the next 4 seasons.

I agree. Saints have to draw the line somewhere. What would Brady & Manning do? Team 1st.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Manning would take $23 million a year (in a time when that was the absolute top of market) not even knowing if he'd be able to play long term because of his neck.

Brady would take an entirely guaranteed, 60 million dollar contract at 39 years old.

Brees won't be 40 for another four seasons.

Consider that several scrub QBs got 18 mil/yr deals this offseason. For gods sake, that's only two million dollars less per year than Drew got for his prime contract after he broke Marino's record and barely missed out on the league MVP. It's insane, but that's the market.

25 million per year sounds fair for a player of Drew's caliber, even in his 40s. I'm willing to bet he will still be better than most or even all of those guys at that age. It's the price of having an elite QB, and for once, we will have the cap space to do this painlessly.

Since most posts seem to insinuate Brees is just outside of using a walker, he's only 37.

He won't be 40 until the start of the 2019 season, four seasons from now.

You say we arent competing right now, yet we havent played a game yet. If we win the super bowl would he be worth it? Can you imagine what our 7-9 season would look like without Drew??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are plenty of teams with Quarterbacks not even close to Drews ability that are winning more than 7 games a year. Honestly 7-9 or 3-13 to me are the same. Missing the playoffs is missing the playoffs.

I get it, Drew is God and we aren't allowed to be critical, but at some point logic has to come into play. Drew has reached his peak, at some point it will start to decline.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom