Brees and the record books (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Brees currently has 2689 yards passing putting him on pace to finish the season with 5378 yards putting him at 65,850 career by seasons end. Leaving him behind Brett Favre 71,838 yards by 5988 yards and Peyton Manning's top mark of 71,940 is 6090 yards shy.

Assuming Brees hits the 5k+ mark again next year he will be just under 1000 yards in 2018 to become the NFL's all time leading passer which will most likely be his by the 4th game that year.

Brees currently has 21 TD passes this season putting him at 449 for his career. Putting him59 behind Favre at 508 and 90 behind Manning at 539. If Brees continues his current pace and finishes the season with 42 that would leave him 38 behind Farve giving him a very good chance to over take #2 by next season and leaving him around 28 to 30 behind Manning after 2017 giving him a very good shot to take that record in 2018.

On passes completed Brees is also 3rd with 5607 behind Manning 6125 and Favre 6300 on his current pace Brees could pass both of them by mid season next year. He has 242 at the midway point this season.

We are getting to witness history being made.

Brees is averaging 308.69 yards per regular season game as a Saint. That's an average of 4,939 yards per season.

Every time I make plans, God chuckles, but here goes anyway:

Assuming continued good health, by the end of the 2018 season Brees should be the all time career leader in

Passing yards
Passing TDs
Completions
Completion percentage

It is still very difficult to process the "he spent his career playing for the Saints" part.

But when your fan career arc is Cuozzo-Kilmer-Hargett-Manning-Scott-Douglass-Wilson-Stabler-Todd-Hebert-Wilson-Everett-Wuerffell-Collins-BillyJoe2x-Blake-Brooks......it's a little bit of an adjustment.

Every time I make plans, God chuckles, but here goes anyway:

Assuming continued good health, by the end of the 2018 season Brees should be the all time career leader in

Passing yards
Passing TDs
Completions
Completion percentage

It is still very difficult to process the "he spent his career playing for the Saints" part.

But when your fan career arc is Cuozzo-Kilmer-Hargett-Manning-Scott-Douglass-Wilson-Stabler-Todd-Hebert-Wilson-Everett-Wuerffell-Collins-BillyJoe2x-Blake-Brooks......it's a little bit of an adjustment.

No Heath Schuler??? wedge him in there between Sadness and Inept. lol

Excluding this season, Brees has 48,552 yards as a Saint. He has played 10 previous season, giving his an average of 4,855 yards per season. He has played 1598 games in that time, for an average of 307.25 per game. This year he is averaging 336.13 yards per game. While I doubt he will continue at that pace, he is currently projected to have 5,378 yards this season, which would give him 5 season throwing for over 5,000 yards.

Including this year, he has 63,592 total yards for his career, making him 8,348 yards behind Peyton Manning. He should realistically be able to break that record in 2018.

A couple of other statistical side notes:

Tom Brady is currently 9 td passes behind Brees. Brady missed all of one season due to injuries, and 4 games this year due to suspension. Brady has played one more year than Brees and is one year older.

Brees became the 6th player to pass for over 50,000 yards with one team. Eli Manning has 46,432 yards and should join that club next year. Philip Rivers has 44007 yards and will reach the club late 2017 or early 2018.

Brees currently has 5269 yards passing putting him on pace to finish the season with 5378 yards

??? Do you mean that he's on pace for 5269? Not giving you a hard time, but I'm just confused. Maybe after I finish my coffee, I'll figure it out.

I dont want Brees to break any records. I want us to use early 1970 Dolphins offence. You know 50 runs 15 passes a game. I want Hightower and Ingram to break records. Even if the run is not working, and Saints are down 17, you stick with the run.

I projected Brees to the exact same number of games played as Manning, using the past 41 games to project the next 41 games:

Brees.... 540 TDs, 245 Ints, 97.3 QB Rating, 7.6 ypa, 67.0 %, 76,773 yards

Manning 539 TDs, 251 Ints, 96.5 QB Rating, 7.7 ypa, 65.3 %, 71,940 yards

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom