Brees Apologizes [merged] (1 Viewer)

That’s my QB And anyone who didn’t believe he was ever genuine and cared about the black community can go buy a clowns jersey because that’s exactly where your bandwagon arse belongs.

“I stand with the black community in the fight against systemic racial injustice and police brutality and support the creation of real policy change that will make a difference.
I condemn the years of oppression that have taken place throughout our black communities and still exists today.
I acknowledge that we as Americans, including myself, have not done enough to fight for that equality or to truly understand the struggles and plight of the black community.”
——————
This is great, but I sure wish he said this yesterday during that interview.

Good. That's step one. I'm sure he'll sit down with his teammates to hash it out with them. If they support him and accept him back, then that's more than good enough for me.

Drew Brees has/had a tremendous amount of power, especially in South Louisiana. Does anyone not think he could seriously move the needle on criminal justice reform (including policing policies)? He's so obviously not anti-cop, that pro-cop factions would listen to him.

I'd love to see him turn this into a positive and take an active role in making things better.

My initial reaction would be to discuss in private first.

Now days it's put your life and business on crappy social media.

Let's say I understand their reaction, but smear him publicly, no i have more class than that, and Drew has class.

Drew was trying to be the voice of unity at a time when people are just too upset. I hate to see politics infect sports. It just divides us when sports should unite us as a community. Still, he picked the wrong time to give that message. People need to express their anger without violence and let the emotion run its course. At least in New Orleans, the protests have been peaceful. Drew needs to keep a low profile until this calms down. He apologized, now he shouldn't say anything else.

My initial reaction would be to discuss in private first.

Now days it's put your life and business on crappy social media.

Let's say I understand their reaction, but smear him publicly, no i have more class than that, and Drew has class.

Dude, you realize that Drew was the one who first aired his feelings publicly, on an interview with ‘Yahoo Finance’, right? Yet you have an issue with his teammates responding on public platforms? Maybe you’re the problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom