Brees Apologizes [merged] (3 Viewers)

And you know that how? Because he didn't kneel for the anthem? I've got news, there were a LOT of players, both black & white who were not kneeling. Does that mean they all didn't support their brothers too?
No but they also didnt verbally imply that "ReSpecC da FLaGg" is more important than human lives.

Except that's not what he said, but if it makes you feel better, then by all means go with it. If you have proof that he values country more than the struggle of black people, please share it.

I'm really confused by all the attempts to vilify Drew for something he didn't say. I don't think it does anything to advance the cause.
You're right, that's not what he said. Just like Kaepernick never said he was kneeling to protest the flag or the anthem or America.

What? Man you crazy. He has failed for years to stand by his brothers on this one since Kaep knelt. Period.
What a load of bunk!!!! You know who else didn't stand with Kaepernick? A significant majority of NFL players who didn't kneel. Malcom Jenkins stopped kneeling when the league agreed to donate millions to the cause. It doesn't mean they don't support the cause.

You know who else doesn't agree with Kaep? About 99% of fans who attend NFL games and stand for the anthem. Period.

I really would like someone to answer this. Anyone. Maria Taylor said it in her judgmental take. I'd like to know what it is that Drew revealed himself to be.

Drew revealed himself to be a guy who just doesnt get it... Not a bad guy, not a racist (i watched the Maria Taylor thing, and she never claimed or implied Drew was racist).. but he revealed himself to be faaar from the type of ally that most (and mostly black) teammates want by their side through these crazy times.

Im a white guy who was raised in the Deep South.. so none of this surprises me; frankly, I’m surprised it’s taken this long for the backlash to happen.. as a white guy from the South, i have seen and heard things all my life that would shake most non-racists to their core if i told them.. and mostly from Evangelical right-wing ‘Christians.’

Hope that answers your question.

No but they also didnt verbally imply that "ReSpecC da FLaGg" is more important than human lives.
If that's what you got out of what he said, it's because that's what you wanted to get out of it. If you care to share a quote from Drew from which you got the implication, I'd like to see it.

Drew revealed himself to be a guy who just doesnt get it... Not a bad guy, not a racist (i watched the Maria Taylor thing, and she never claimed or implied Drew was racist).. but he revealed himself to be faaar from the type of ally that most (and mostly black) teammates want by their side through these crazy times.

Im a white guy who was raised in the Deep South.. so none of this surprises me; frankly, I’m surprised it’s taken this long for the backlash to happen.. as a white guy from the South, i have seen and heard things all my life that would shake most non-racists to their core if i told them.. and mostly from Evangelical right-wing ‘Christians.’

Hope that answers your question.
Well, that's one take, but I appreciate it.

I really would like someone to answer this. Anyone. Maria Taylor said it in her judgmental take. I'd like to know what it is that Drew revealed himself to be.
Fine, I'll play.

Lets see...

A man is gruesomely murdered in public due to ongoing racially charged police brutality...

Drew Brees is asked about how he feels about a form of protest that condemns racially charged police brutality to which he reaponds:

"I will never agree with anyone with anyone disrespecting the flag"

Drew Brees has revealed himself as someone who values honoring a flag and what he believes it represents more than human life lost to racially charged police brutality.

But he's apologized and realized thats not a decent way to be.

Except that's not what he said, but if it makes you feel better, then by all means go with it. If you have proof that he values country more than the struggle of black people, please share it.

I'm really confused by all the attempts to vilify Drew for something he didn't say. I don't think it does anything to advance the cause.
He's had years to stand by these guys. Yet he still says it's disrespecting the flag, blah, blah, blah. It's been years and he still doesn't get it. It's an issue he's tone deaf to. When innocent people of color are being killed after hundreds of years of oppression and you still want to talk about the Country then that is my proof.

The country is protesting and so is the world and here he is repeating the same stance from years ago. Not even the current climate made his eyes see differently. But you know what, he will now!

You're right, that's not what he said. Just like Kaepernick never said he was kneeling to protest the flag or the anthem or America.

“I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,” Kaepernick told NFL Media after Friday’s game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom